St Albans Centurions on the lookout for new players as junior section gets set to expand
- Credit: Archant
The rugby union season may be moving into its final stages but the warmer weather is an indicator that rugby league is gearing up for its new season – one where St Albans Centurions hope to expand their junior section
The Toulmin Drive club had a big swell in numbers last year but limited resources meant they could only field U14s.
This year the club want to increase what is on offer and are hoping to have three teams from U14 to U16.
An open taster session is available on Saturday where qualified coaches will take players through their paces.
Cents’ Gary Tetlow said: “The boys love the dynamism and simplicity of rugby league and playing under the sun helps.
You may also want to watch:
“We offer excellent coaching in a fun but challenging environment and being involved in a league format from April to July there is an opportunity to play a few competitive games.”
For more information call Gary on 07713 472 091 or email email@example.com
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 10 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan