St Albans Centurions on the lookout for new players as junior section gets set to expand
- Credit: Archant
The rugby union season may be moving into its final stages but the warmer weather is an indicator that rugby league is gearing up for its new season – one where St Albans Centurions hope to expand their junior section
The Toulmin Drive club had a big swell in numbers last year but limited resources meant they could only field U14s.
This year the club want to increase what is on offer and are hoping to have three teams from U14 to U16.
An open taster session is available on Saturday where qualified coaches will take players through their paces.
Cents’ Gary Tetlow said: “The boys love the dynamism and simplicity of rugby league and playing under the sun helps.
You may also want to watch:
“We offer excellent coaching in a fun but challenging environment and being involved in a league format from April to July there is an opportunity to play a few competitive games.”
For more information call Gary on 07713 472 091 or email email@example.com
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents