St Albans Centurions masters playing for the love of the game
- Credit: Archant
It was just the sheer delight of playing that thrilled St Albans Centurions Rugby League Club’s masters side – as they battled it out against their Silverbacks counterparts.
The Cents players joined forces with colleagues from Aldershot & Fleet and Halcyons clubs to form a rest of the world side against the Silverbacks in one of eight matches taking place on the same day at the London Skolars’ event.
Cents’ Mick O’Shea said: “It was sometimes end to end stuff and sometimes close quarters but it was enjoyable throughout.
“And it proved to be a very tight game that ended, as is tradition, at 0-0.
“It was a strictly social over 35s version of the game and we even had Jamie Slater from Harpenden Rugby Club playing with his glasses on throughout.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who would like to join the masters side should email Mick O’Shea on email@example.com or call 07989 898 842.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
- 10 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End