St Albans Centurions masters playing for the love of the game
- Credit: Archant
It was just the sheer delight of playing that thrilled St Albans Centurions Rugby League Club’s masters side – as they battled it out against their Silverbacks counterparts.
The Cents players joined forces with colleagues from Aldershot & Fleet and Halcyons clubs to form a rest of the world side against the Silverbacks in one of eight matches taking place on the same day at the London Skolars’ event.
Cents’ Mick O’Shea said: “It was sometimes end to end stuff and sometimes close quarters but it was enjoyable throughout.
“And it proved to be a very tight game that ended, as is tradition, at 0-0.
“It was a strictly social over 35s version of the game and we even had Jamie Slater from Harpenden Rugby Club playing with his glasses on throughout.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who would like to join the masters side should email Mick O’Shea on email@example.com or call 07989 898 842.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall