St Albans Athletics Club youngsters enjoy busy but fruitful indoor season
It has been a busy last few weeks for St Albans Athletics Club’s indoor track team.
Chief among the action was some great performances at Lee Valley for the Essex and Eastern Indoor Championships.
Mia McIntosh took gold in the 60m for the U15 girls while Serena Thomas won bronze for both the 60m and 200m.
Bethany Shaw also got the bronze medal for the 60m in the U20 age group and third place and the bronze was also the prize for Tom Gaunce in the U15 boys’ 800m.
And if the medals weren’t impressive enough, all the competitors left the event with new personal best times.
The quartet then progressed to the England Athletics National Championships in Sheffield.
A spokeswoman for the club said: “All achieved amazing results on the day in their own disciplines.”
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival