St Albans Athletics Club youngsters enjoy busy but fruitful indoor season
It has been a busy last few weeks for St Albans Athletics Club’s indoor track team.
Chief among the action was some great performances at Lee Valley for the Essex and Eastern Indoor Championships.
Mia McIntosh took gold in the 60m for the U15 girls while Serena Thomas won bronze for both the 60m and 200m.
Bethany Shaw also got the bronze medal for the 60m in the U20 age group and third place and the bronze was also the prize for Tom Gaunce in the U15 boys’ 800m.
And if the medals weren’t impressive enough, all the competitors left the event with new personal best times.
You may also want to watch:
The quartet then progressed to the England Athletics National Championships in Sheffield.
A spokeswoman for the club said: “All achieved amazing results on the day in their own disciplines.”
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25