St Albans Athletics Club youngsters enjoy busy but fruitful indoor season
It has been a busy last few weeks for St Albans Athletics Club’s indoor track team.
Chief among the action was some great performances at Lee Valley for the Essex and Eastern Indoor Championships.
Mia McIntosh took gold in the 60m for the U15 girls while Serena Thomas won bronze for both the 60m and 200m.
Bethany Shaw also got the bronze medal for the 60m in the U20 age group and third place and the bronze was also the prize for Tom Gaunce in the U15 boys’ 800m.
And if the medals weren’t impressive enough, all the competitors left the event with new personal best times.
You may also want to watch:
The quartet then progressed to the England Athletics National Championships in Sheffield.
A spokeswoman for the club said: “All achieved amazing results on the day in their own disciplines.”
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall