St Albans Athletics Club’s youngsters continue to show plenty of promise after another successful week
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Athletics Club have produced an amazing set of results as their middle-distance squad goes from strength to strength.
The youngsters dominated the 5K race at the St Albans Half Marathon with both girls and boys completing a clean sweep of the podium places.
Lily Tse won the ladies overall race with Sara Laitner and Annabel Hedge coming second and third while Alex Harris leading home the U17s ahead of James Moore and James Allison.
The Herts Schools athletic championships also produced an array of fine wins.
Phoebe Gill won the primary schools 600m, breaking both boys and girls records, while Hedge was first in the Year 7 800m.
You may also want to watch:
Hannah Read was first in the U13 1500m while Thomas Cooper set a new PB and school record in the U17 race.
There was also a PB for Niamh Gallagher as she finished third, one place behind Keira Stern in the U17 girls’ race.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 7 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 8 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 9 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 10 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots