St Albans Athletics Club’s youngsters continue to show plenty of promise after another successful week
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Athletics Club have produced an amazing set of results as their middle-distance squad goes from strength to strength.
The youngsters dominated the 5K race at the St Albans Half Marathon with both girls and boys completing a clean sweep of the podium places.
Lily Tse won the ladies overall race with Sara Laitner and Annabel Hedge coming second and third while Alex Harris leading home the U17s ahead of James Moore and James Allison.
The Herts Schools athletic championships also produced an array of fine wins.
Phoebe Gill won the primary schools 600m, breaking both boys and girls records, while Hedge was first in the Year 7 800m.
Hannah Read was first in the U13 1500m while Thomas Cooper set a new PB and school record in the U17 race.
There was also a PB for Niamh Gallagher as she finished third, one place behind Keira Stern in the U17 girls’ race.
- 1 Property Spotlight: See inside this stunning £2.1m period home in St Albans
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Extinction Rebellion protestors scale roof of Barclays in St Albans
- 4 Seventies St Albans is backdrop to new novel about secret Nazi treasure
- 5 St Albans MP unveils new state-of-the art teaching centre as part of multi-million pound Oaklands College redevelopment
- 6 Where and when can you see Santa's float in Harpenden?
- 7 Saints get another National League South rival after draw for FA Trophy
- 8 Sing out for Christmas with Clarence Park carol service
- 9 Local restaurants snap up accolades in Curry Awards
- 10 1,000 new homes planned next to village