St Albans Athletics Club tackle Southern Cross Country Championships
- Credit: Archant
The Southern Cross Country Championships were the focus for St Albans Athletics Club with a number of good performances.
The course in Brighton included a number of features such as a perilous downhill section, not experienced by some of the young squad before.
It didn’t stop Lily Tse finishing 16th as she proved herself one of the best U13 girls in the region.
The club landed a ninth place in the U15 boys’ team competition.
Alex Harris and James Moore raced to 21st and 22nd place respectively with Jack Dickinson and James Allison completing the team.
You may also want to watch:
Keira Stern had a superb finishing straight, attacking all the way to the line for a 43rd position.
Caitlin Eckley was also 43rd in the U20 women and Naomi Baker and Freya Vafadari got in some practice for Saturday’s British University Cross Country Championships at Brunel University.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans