St Albans Athletics Club tackle Southern Cross Country Championships
- Credit: Archant
The Southern Cross Country Championships were the focus for St Albans Athletics Club with a number of good performances.
The course in Brighton included a number of features such as a perilous downhill section, not experienced by some of the young squad before.
It didn’t stop Lily Tse finishing 16th as she proved herself one of the best U13 girls in the region.
The club landed a ninth place in the U15 boys’ team competition.
Alex Harris and James Moore raced to 21st and 22nd place respectively with Jack Dickinson and James Allison completing the team.
Keira Stern had a superb finishing straight, attacking all the way to the line for a 43rd position.
Caitlin Eckley was also 43rd in the U20 women and Naomi Baker and Freya Vafadari got in some practice for Saturday’s British University Cross Country Championships at Brunel University.
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 4 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 5 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 6 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 7 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 8 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 9 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 10 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice