St Albans Athletics Club tackle Southern Cross Country Championships
- Credit: Archant
The Southern Cross Country Championships were the focus for St Albans Athletics Club with a number of good performances.
The course in Brighton included a number of features such as a perilous downhill section, not experienced by some of the young squad before.
It didn’t stop Lily Tse finishing 16th as she proved herself one of the best U13 girls in the region.
The club landed a ninth place in the U15 boys’ team competition.
Alex Harris and James Moore raced to 21st and 22nd place respectively with Jack Dickinson and James Allison completing the team.
You may also want to watch:
Keira Stern had a superb finishing straight, attacking all the way to the line for a 43rd position.
Caitlin Eckley was also 43rd in the U20 women and Naomi Baker and Freya Vafadari got in some practice for Saturday’s British University Cross Country Championships at Brunel University.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly