St Albans Athletics Club’s youngsters enjoy that winning feeling
- Credit: Archant
The prize for the victory in the St Albans Striders Summer Solstice race stayed in the city as James Moore took the win.
The St Albans Athletics Club runner beat team-mate Rowan Daly to the line in a time of 35 minutes 12 seconds.
Sam Jones had a busy week, winning the 800m at the BMC Loughborough meeting in a season best time of 1:52.69.
He then ran almost three seconds slower at the senior Inter Counties meet, but still managed to take the win, before adding the 400m title as well in a new PB time.
Bethany Shaw also set a PB as she won the 100m.
You may also want to watch:
The club enjoyed a number of successes in their home fixture in the Southern Athletics League with an exciting finish to the 4x400m providing the perfect finale.
The team of Eva, Keira Stern, Megan Steer and Hannah Rayden came home in 4:17.1 beating London Heathside by over three seconds.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'
The next match is at King’s Lynn next month.