St Albans Athletics Club’s youngsters enjoy that winning feeling
- Credit: Archant
The prize for the victory in the St Albans Striders Summer Solstice race stayed in the city as James Moore took the win.
The St Albans Athletics Club runner beat team-mate Rowan Daly to the line in a time of 35 minutes 12 seconds.
Sam Jones had a busy week, winning the 800m at the BMC Loughborough meeting in a season best time of 1:52.69.
He then ran almost three seconds slower at the senior Inter Counties meet, but still managed to take the win, before adding the 400m title as well in a new PB time.
Bethany Shaw also set a PB as she won the 100m.
The club enjoyed a number of successes in their home fixture in the Southern Athletics League with an exciting finish to the 4x400m providing the perfect finale.
The team of Eva, Keira Stern, Megan Steer and Hannah Rayden came home in 4:17.1 beating London Heathside by over three seconds.
- 1 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 2 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 4 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 5 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 6 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Man in his 20s stabbed in shopping area in Hemel Hempstead
- 9 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 10 New play areas open at Harpenden parks
The next match is at King’s Lynn next month.