St Albans Athletics Club’s youngsters enjoy that winning feeling
- Credit: Archant
The prize for the victory in the St Albans Striders Summer Solstice race stayed in the city as James Moore took the win.
The St Albans Athletics Club runner beat team-mate Rowan Daly to the line in a time of 35 minutes 12 seconds.
Sam Jones had a busy week, winning the 800m at the BMC Loughborough meeting in a season best time of 1:52.69.
He then ran almost three seconds slower at the senior Inter Counties meet, but still managed to take the win, before adding the 400m title as well in a new PB time.
Bethany Shaw also set a PB as she won the 100m.
You may also want to watch:
The club enjoyed a number of successes in their home fixture in the Southern Athletics League with an exciting finish to the 4x400m providing the perfect finale.
The team of Eva, Keira Stern, Megan Steer and Hannah Rayden came home in 4:17.1 beating London Heathside by over three seconds.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 6 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 9 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
The next match is at King’s Lynn next month.