St Albans Athletics Club revel in return of cross-country racing
- Credit: ST ALBANS AC
The return of cross-country racing was one leapt upon with glee by St Albans Athletics Club.
Oxford provided the venue for the first round of the Chiltern League and there was success from the youngest junior up to seniors.
James McMurray won the latter but there was also victory for the U11 boys in the team competition.
Charlotte Douglas and Tehya Robertson made up the girls' team while the winning boys were made up of William Hockley, Edward Dean, Edward Goodwin and Harry Hirst.
Georgia Tongue finished second in the U13 girls' race while Lily Kennedy was 17th while for the boys Josh Hirst was second.
Matthew Nicholls was the highest scorer for the U15 boys in 11th while the team finished third.
The U17/20 girls raced together to claim the overall team prize. This was reflected in the fine individual results with Sarah McGrath (second), Antonia Jubb (fourth) and Lily Tse (sixth) in their Division One race.
- 1 Harpenden neighbours condemn plans for builders merchant next to residential properties
- 2 Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire
- 3 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 4 Nearly 100 motorway cameras upgraded to catch drivers who flout red X rules
- 5 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 6 Revealed: Most popular Deliveroo takeaway dishes in St Albans
- 7 Police ‘concerned’ as 25-year-old goes missing from Stevenage
- 8 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Hertfordshire
- 9 FULL RESULTS: Lib Dem landslide in St Albans council elections
- 10 Van and tools stolen by balaclava-clad men in St Albans
The club also had two U20 men who raced up in the senior race, both Euan Turner and Alex Moffat more than holding their own.