St Albans advance in Herts Senior Cup with Boreham Wood win
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City are through to the quarter-finals of the Herts Senior Cup with a 1-0 win away to Boreham Wood.
City gave starts to a number of players and it was one of these, Matt Ball, who grabbed the only goal of the game in the second half.
He converted a Louie Theophanous cross to send Vanarama National League side Wood out of the competition.
City manager Ian Allinson also handed starts to Sam Merson, Oran Swales, George Casey and the returning Graeme Montgomery as he made five changes from the side that beat Eastbourne Borough on Saturday.
On-loan Stevenage defender Ryan Johnson continued his return from a two-month injury layoff with another 90 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Photographer Bob Walkley was on hand to capture the action.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 10 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure