St Albans advance in Herts Senior Cup with Boreham Wood win
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City are through to the quarter-finals of the Herts Senior Cup with a 1-0 win away to Boreham Wood.
City gave starts to a number of players and it was one of these, Matt Ball, who grabbed the only goal of the game in the second half.
He converted a Louie Theophanous cross to send Vanarama National League side Wood out of the competition.
City manager Ian Allinson also handed starts to Sam Merson, Oran Swales, George Casey and the returning Graeme Montgomery as he made five changes from the side that beat Eastbourne Borough on Saturday.
On-loan Stevenage defender Ryan Johnson continued his return from a two-month injury layoff with another 90 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Photographer Bob Walkley was on hand to capture the action.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Lease up for grabs on vacant Batchwood Hall building
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 5 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 6 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 7 St Albans MP vows to fight developer 'free for all' to protect Herts Green Belt
- 8 Pupils' brighter walk to school thanks to developer
- 9 Look! See inside spectacular new lights display at St Albans Cathedral
- 10 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities