St Albans AC take part in National Cross Country
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Athletic Club made the annual trip to Mansfield to take part in the National Cross-country relays on Saturday.
Kicking off the races was the U20 women with Megan Steer, running for Loughborough University, coming home with a bronze medal, her first national team medal.
St Albans had more success in the junior men age group with James McMurray handing over first to take the second fastest leg of the day.The team made up of McMurray, Sam Jones and Michael Carr finished in 26th place.
The U17 men’s team was made up of Ben Clarke, Ed Anders and Adam Wilmshurst and, although they all finished feeling they could have done better, this is an especially hard age group against the best in the country. The women’s U17 team was made up of STAGS Trio Alex Bentley, Georgia Robin and Jess Barnes who continued improve their performances.
The U15 age groups had solid performances with the girls coming 44th. The team was Hannah Rayden, Sophie Olney and Freya Weddell. The boys were made up of the Verulam Trio of Jed Lumb,Harry Bentley and Callum Walsh.
You may also want to watch:
The U13 age group saw Keira Stern, Demi Tuniera, Sophie Robin and Emily Barnes record the club’s fastest legs.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly