St Albans’ Abbey Mileham takes diving gold in Manchester
- Credit: Archant
A teenager from St Albans has won gold at a national diving tournament.
Abbey Mileham represented Beaumont Diving Academy by coming first place at the national skills diving competition in Manchester
The 13-year-old qualified from two south-east regional competitions where she needed to score 270 points or over.
She managed 309 at Tunbridge Wells and followed that by scoring 283 points in Southend.
And in the final, the Sandringham School pupil took top spot on the podium in the Girls’ 12-13 category with a total of 294.2 points.
You may also want to watch:
As a result of getting gold in the Manchester national skills she will now go into the top level of competition in her age groups with her next big competition coming in October when she travels to Dublin.
She said: “I was so happy to win and I’m excited to move on to age groups where I can challenge myself even more and achieve greater success.”
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly