SSML Premier Division: Good wins for Harpenden Town and London Colney
Harpenden Town reached the magical 40-point mark in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division thanks to a hard-fought 1-0 win away to Oxhey Jets.
Archie McClelland got the only goal as they moved into 13th place, although they were indebted to goalkeeper Alfie Woods for a first-half penalty save.
Manager Danny Plumb said: “We rode our luck but it is totally deserved for sheer effort and guts.
“We kept believing even when things were looking tough at times. I’m so proud of everyone associated with the club.”
London Colney meanwhile picked up a 2-1 win over North Greenford United on Tuesday night.
You may also want to watch:
Bobby Armstrong was the hero with a header 10 minutes from time.
Joe Reynolds had scored a penalty in the first half.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
Harpenden’s next game is away at Leighton Town while the Blueboys have a home game with Baldock.