SSML Premier Division: Good wins for Harpenden Town and London Colney
Harpenden Town reached the magical 40-point mark in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division thanks to a hard-fought 1-0 win away to Oxhey Jets.
Archie McClelland got the only goal as they moved into 13th place, although they were indebted to goalkeeper Alfie Woods for a first-half penalty save.
Manager Danny Plumb said: “We rode our luck but it is totally deserved for sheer effort and guts.
“We kept believing even when things were looking tough at times. I’m so proud of everyone associated with the club.”
London Colney meanwhile picked up a 2-1 win over North Greenford United on Tuesday night.
You may also want to watch:
Bobby Armstrong was the hero with a header 10 minutes from time.
Joe Reynolds had scored a penalty in the first half.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 6 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
Harpenden’s next game is away at Leighton Town while the Blueboys have a home game with Baldock.