Football round-up: London Colney beat the weather and give Cheshunt a difficult evening
- Credit: Archant
Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division action across the district was in short supply this week as the weather conditions hit hard with London Colney the only team to get a game in.
That came on Tuesday night when they hosted Cheshunt in the quarter-final of the Herts Senior Cup.
And the division's basement club put in a stirring effort against the Isthmian Premier Division side, only losing 2-0 courtesy of a Reece Beckles-Richards brace.
Colney Heath and Harpenden Town were both due to be in league action, at home to Biggleswade United and Dunstable Town respectively.
Both matches were called off following a downpour two hours before kick-off.
You may also want to watch:
The Magpies did have the satisfaction of seeing title rivals Tring Athletic lose 3-2 to Leighton Town to remain five points adrift.
The challengers meet in a huge contest at the Recreation Ground on Saturday.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 9 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
All fixtures were wiped out on Saturday.