Football round-up: London Colney beat the weather and give Cheshunt a difficult evening
- Credit: Archant
Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division action across the district was in short supply this week as the weather conditions hit hard with London Colney the only team to get a game in.
That came on Tuesday night when they hosted Cheshunt in the quarter-final of the Herts Senior Cup.
And the division's basement club put in a stirring effort against the Isthmian Premier Division side, only losing 2-0 courtesy of a Reece Beckles-Richards brace.
Colney Heath and Harpenden Town were both due to be in league action, at home to Biggleswade United and Dunstable Town respectively.
Both matches were called off following a downpour two hours before kick-off.
The Magpies did have the satisfaction of seeing title rivals Tring Athletic lose 3-2 to Leighton Town to remain five points adrift.
The challengers meet in a huge contest at the Recreation Ground on Saturday.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
- 10 MP condemns government over BBC threat
All fixtures were wiped out on Saturday.