Football round-up: London Colney beat the weather and give Cheshunt a difficult evening
- Credit: Archant
Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division action across the district was in short supply this week as the weather conditions hit hard with London Colney the only team to get a game in.
That came on Tuesday night when they hosted Cheshunt in the quarter-final of the Herts Senior Cup.
And the division's basement club put in a stirring effort against the Isthmian Premier Division side, only losing 2-0 courtesy of a Reece Beckles-Richards brace.
Colney Heath and Harpenden Town were both due to be in league action, at home to Biggleswade United and Dunstable Town respectively.
Both matches were called off following a downpour two hours before kick-off.
You may also want to watch:
The Magpies did have the satisfaction of seeing title rivals Tring Athletic lose 3-2 to Leighton Town to remain five points adrift.
The challengers meet in a huge contest at the Recreation Ground on Saturday.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans
All fixtures were wiped out on Saturday.