SSML Premier Division: Pacesetters get upper hand over London Colney and Harpenden Town
- Credit: Archant
It was a tough Saturday for both London Colney and Harpenden Town as they battled the top two sides in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division.
The Blueboys were battling league leaders Tring Athletic at Cotlandswick but ended up falling to a 3-0 defeat.
Two goals from Ashton Campbell and one for Mark Riddick were enough for Tring.
Harpenden had their hands full with a trip to second-placed Biggleswade FC and despite the 4-1 loss they gave a good account of themselves.
It was only 1-0 at half-time following an Alex Marsh penalty and Harps started the second period on the attack.
However a shot from distance from Matt Richardson and a deflected effort a few minutes later made it three.
Dan Stewart did pull one back but Ryan Inskip finished the scoring late on.
- 1 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 2 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 4 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 5 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 6 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 9 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 10 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
Harpenden go to Edgware Town on Saturday while London Colney are at home to Biggleswade United.