SSML Premier Division: Pacesetters get upper hand over London Colney and Harpenden Town
- Credit: Archant
It was a tough Saturday for both London Colney and Harpenden Town as they battled the top two sides in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division.
The Blueboys were battling league leaders Tring Athletic at Cotlandswick but ended up falling to a 3-0 defeat.
Two goals from Ashton Campbell and one for Mark Riddick were enough for Tring.
Harpenden had their hands full with a trip to second-placed Biggleswade FC and despite the 4-1 loss they gave a good account of themselves.
It was only 1-0 at half-time following an Alex Marsh penalty and Harps started the second period on the attack.
You may also want to watch:
However a shot from distance from Matt Richardson and a deflected effort a few minutes later made it three.
Dan Stewart did pull one back but Ryan Inskip finished the scoring late on.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 6 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 7 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 8 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 9 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
- 10 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
Harpenden go to Edgware Town on Saturday while London Colney are at home to Biggleswade United.