SSML Premier Division: Pacesetters get upper hand over London Colney and Harpenden Town
- Credit: Archant
It was a tough Saturday for both London Colney and Harpenden Town as they battled the top two sides in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division.
The Blueboys were battling league leaders Tring Athletic at Cotlandswick but ended up falling to a 3-0 defeat.
Two goals from Ashton Campbell and one for Mark Riddick were enough for Tring.
Harpenden had their hands full with a trip to second-placed Biggleswade FC and despite the 4-1 loss they gave a good account of themselves.
It was only 1-0 at half-time following an Alex Marsh penalty and Harps started the second period on the attack.
You may also want to watch:
However a shot from distance from Matt Richardson and a deflected effort a few minutes later made it three.
Dan Stewart did pull one back but Ryan Inskip finished the scoring late on.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 10 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
Harpenden go to Edgware Town on Saturday while London Colney are at home to Biggleswade United.