Squash: Nuffield St Albans win Harry Faulkner Memorial Trophy
- Credit: Archant
Nuffield St Albans squash team Berkhamsted to put pressure on Broxbourne for the Herts Division One title.
The match served as a memorial game for Harry Faulker, who died after the corresponding fixture last season at the age of 18. Since his death his parents have raised nearly £10,00 for Cardiac Risk in the Young (CRY).
Scores of people attended the game, which went down the last match-up as Nuffield’s Adam Auckland beat Angus Gillams, the U19 Bristish Champion, to complete a 3-2 victory.
The other results were: Ondrej Uherka lost 3-0; Will John lost 3-0; Arthur Moineau won 3-0; Jack Fowler won 3-0.
Two days later Nuffield were in the semi-final of the Herts Squash Cup against Luton and Dunstable. With a team made up of squad players, Nuffield kept their hopes of a League and Cup double alive with a 5-0 win.
You may also want to watch:
The results were: Auckland won 3-0; Fowler won 3-1; Björn Angtoft won 3-0; Jesper Skarman won 3-0; Tom James won 3-0.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 7 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25