Squash: Nuffield St Albans win Harry Faulkner Memorial Trophy
- Credit: Archant
Nuffield St Albans squash team Berkhamsted to put pressure on Broxbourne for the Herts Division One title.
The match served as a memorial game for Harry Faulker, who died after the corresponding fixture last season at the age of 18. Since his death his parents have raised nearly £10,00 for Cardiac Risk in the Young (CRY).
Scores of people attended the game, which went down the last match-up as Nuffield’s Adam Auckland beat Angus Gillams, the U19 Bristish Champion, to complete a 3-2 victory.
The other results were: Ondrej Uherka lost 3-0; Will John lost 3-0; Arthur Moineau won 3-0; Jack Fowler won 3-0.
Two days later Nuffield were in the semi-final of the Herts Squash Cup against Luton and Dunstable. With a team made up of squad players, Nuffield kept their hopes of a League and Cup double alive with a 5-0 win.
You may also want to watch:
The results were: Auckland won 3-0; Fowler won 3-1; Björn Angtoft won 3-0; Jesper Skarman won 3-0; Tom James won 3-0.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 9 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans