Squash: Nuffield St Albans win Harry Faulkner Memorial Trophy
- Credit: Archant
Nuffield St Albans squash team Berkhamsted to put pressure on Broxbourne for the Herts Division One title.
The match served as a memorial game for Harry Faulker, who died after the corresponding fixture last season at the age of 18. Since his death his parents have raised nearly £10,00 for Cardiac Risk in the Young (CRY).
Scores of people attended the game, which went down the last match-up as Nuffield’s Adam Auckland beat Angus Gillams, the U19 Bristish Champion, to complete a 3-2 victory.
The other results were: Ondrej Uherka lost 3-0; Will John lost 3-0; Arthur Moineau won 3-0; Jack Fowler won 3-0.
Two days later Nuffield were in the semi-final of the Herts Squash Cup against Luton and Dunstable. With a team made up of squad players, Nuffield kept their hopes of a League and Cup double alive with a 5-0 win.
The results were: Auckland won 3-0; Fowler won 3-1; Björn Angtoft won 3-0; Jesper Skarman won 3-0; Tom James won 3-0.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 10 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead