Spurs legends return to Clarence Park
- Credit: Archant
Spurs legends are returning to Clarence Park this weekend for a charity match in aid of Cherry Lodge.
Ossie Ardiles, Graham Roberts, Micky Hazard and Pat Jennings are expected to attend along with Darren Anderton, Mark Falco, David Howells, Andy Sinton, Tony Galvin and Stephen Clemence.
The match takes place at 2pm on Sunday.
Barnet-based Cherry Lodge Cancer Care aims to offer a peaceful environment so people can be treated with kindness and care, providing them the time they need to discuss all their concerns; all free of cost.
The organiser of the event John Murphy, director of Finchpalm Limited said: “Many of us have been personally affected by cancer, so it was important to do something to support the wonderful work of Cherry Lodge. It is my hope that as many people as possible turn out in force to support what will be a great family event.
You may also want to watch:
“I must not forget to thank all my friends, colleagues and customers for their enthusiasm in supporting this fundraiser.”
He added: “Cancer may well be one of the hardest fights any of us may ever have to face. The uncertainties, fears and feelings of isolation so many people experience make it an even tougher challenge.
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 Green light given to new hospital project
- 3 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 4 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 5 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 8 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
“Cherry Lodge is there to help and support people every step of the way. It is a small independent charity, working hand in hand with peoples’ hospital treatment, offering centre based-based nursing advice and information, relaxing complementary therapies, counselling and gentle exercise classes”.
Tickets can be purchased on the day at the turnstile at the ground - adults £7, senior citizens and under 12s £3.50.