Spurred on for charity
TOTTENHAM Hotspur legends Steve Perryman and Alan Mullery helped the St Albans District Chamber of Commerce net more than £10,000 for charity at Sopwell House Hotel on Friday. Perryman, who won two FA Cups, two league Cups and two UEFA Cups
TOTTENHAM Hotspur legends Steve Perryman and Alan Mullery helped the St Albans District Chamber of Commerce net more than £10,000 for charity at Sopwell House Hotel on Friday.
Perryman, who won two FA Cups, two league Cups and two UEFA Cups during his glittering career at Spurs, kicked off the after dinner speeches and then teamed up with Mullery, who starred in the 1967 FA Cup final and led Tottenham to victory in the League Cup in 1971 and the UEFA Cup in 1972, to answer questions from the floor.
The event was a great success with more than £10,000 raised in aid of The Musgrove Leukaemic Group (MLG). Mayor Cllr Kate Morris opened with a St George's Day speech and handed on to Sandra Oldfield President of St Albans District Chamber of Commerce who thanked sponsors Barclays Business Banking for their generosity with doubling the money for charity. Anne Main MP was also in attendance along with UH Student Caroline Wilson. After the event Sandra said: "I want to take this opportunity in thanking once again our sponsors who made the day such a success. It is hard to believe that when we first started theses lunches we only had 120 people and now we could sell over 350 tickets. As with all our functions Lisa Bates and Sue Mountfield our administrators work incredibly hard and they came up trumps again on Friday."
The event was sponsored by McKeowns Employment Solicitors, Barclays Corporate Banking, Hollywell Building Services, Phillips Funerals, Kellock Wealth Management, beststart Human Resources, Handelsbanken, My Mustard, thebestofstalbans.
You may also want to watch:
To view and purchase the photographs from the lunch at Sopwell House on Friday see www.hawkeyephotography.co.uk click on customer area and use the password: George
Former Tottenham manager Keith Burkenshaw and ex-Spurs left winger Tony Galvin were also in attendance along with former IBO Light Welterweight World Champion boxer Billy Schwer who headlines the next Charity Lunch on Friday May 23 at Woollams www.oasport.com
- 1 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 8 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 9 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire