Sports fixtures hit hard by snow
SATURDAY S fixture list was thrown into chaos by the weather. The picture above was taken by Simon Jacobs and shows the scene at Tabard s Cobden Hill ground where the league leaders were due to take on Hampstead, while Harpenden s game at Welwyn, Old Alba
SATURDAY'S fixture list was thrown into chaos by the weather.
The picture above was taken by Simon Jacobs and shows the scene at Tabard's Cobden Hill ground where the league leaders were due to take on Hampstead, while Harpenden's game at Welwyn, Old Albanian's trip to Bracknell and St Albans' game with Hemel Hempstead also fell victim to the weather.
The district's rugby teams now take a break for the festive period before returning to action on Saturday, January 2, 2010, when they'll play the fixtures that were due to take place last weekend.
Football also felt the full force of the weather with the entire Spartans South Midlands and Herts Senior County programmes postponed.
You may also want to watch:
The footballers don't get a break though and will be hoping the snow clears up with the majority of our sides due to be in action on Bank Holiday Monday.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25