Sporting success for Fleetville Junior School
- Credit: Archant
Fleetville Junior School’s netball teams finished first and second in the running for the Daphne Payne Trophy for fair play.
The girls won the trophy for their honest, respect and good sportsmanship.
In cross country, the boys’ and combined teams won the St Albans Large Primary Schools leagues. There was also individual success for Mia Pullen, who was fourth in the girls’ primary school championships and second in the league, and Stefano Geymonat, who won the league.
The girls’ team was: Mia Pullan, Zoe Cowan, Annabel Swan, Gaby Farrenkothen, Molly Sandford-Smith and Abbey Joyce. The boys’ team was: Stefano Geymonat, Leo Geymonat, Harrison Smith, Sam Hicks, Ben Humphrey, Ethan Ivelaw-Chapman, Ethan Lee- Baron and Owen Jones.
The school’s fencing team also won a tournament while the basketball side reached the finals. The tag rugby side represented St Albans Primary Schools in the Herts School Games and finished runners up.
You may also want to watch:
The hockey teams finished sixth, third and second in their league campaigns.
The school’s greatest successes came in football, where the girls’ and boys’ teams won four trophies.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 6 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord