Spirit is fantastic - Frazer
Harpenden captain says team is in positive mood
THE spirit in the Harpenden camp is excellent according to captain Ben Frazer.
Despite only having one win to their name in HCPL Division One so far this season, the Harpenden skipper insists the players are still going about their business with a positive.
“After the last couple of weeks, people expected us to be down and feeling sorry for ourselves, but the boys have stayed positive, the spirit in the side is fantastic,” explained Frazer.
“We’ve just got to keep within touching distance. A couple of wins and we’ll be alright. The first half of the season is going to be a learning curve for us and I think the second half of the season you’re going to see a lot better performances from us.”
You may also want to watch:
Frazer admitted some of his side’s batsmen gifted their wickets during Saturday’s draw with High Wycombe but praised debutant Rob Farenheim who produced a great 55 to put Harpenden in with a shout of victory.
“A few of us gifted our wickets and it probably cost us in the end,” said Frazer.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 8 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 A New York state of mind
“We bought in Rob because he’s a gutsy player and a bit of a character, and that’s what we need someone with a bit of fight and who was up for the challenge. To play like that in his first game at this level was a fantastic effort.
“I just said to the boys, a lot of you who have played all season and in this side last year can learn a lot from that innings. It was a super effort, really gutsy and thoroughly deserved.”