Spirit is fantastic - Frazer
Harpenden captain says team is in positive mood
THE spirit in the Harpenden camp is excellent according to captain Ben Frazer.
Despite only having one win to their name in HCPL Division One so far this season, the Harpenden skipper insists the players are still going about their business with a positive.
“After the last couple of weeks, people expected us to be down and feeling sorry for ourselves, but the boys have stayed positive, the spirit in the side is fantastic,” explained Frazer.
“We’ve just got to keep within touching distance. A couple of wins and we’ll be alright. The first half of the season is going to be a learning curve for us and I think the second half of the season you’re going to see a lot better performances from us.”
You may also want to watch:
Frazer admitted some of his side’s batsmen gifted their wickets during Saturday’s draw with High Wycombe but praised debutant Rob Farenheim who produced a great 55 to put Harpenden in with a shout of victory.
“A few of us gifted our wickets and it probably cost us in the end,” said Frazer.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 7 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 8 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 9 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
“We bought in Rob because he’s a gutsy player and a bit of a character, and that’s what we need someone with a bit of fight and who was up for the challenge. To play like that in his first game at this level was a fantastic effort.
“I just said to the boys, a lot of you who have played all season and in this side last year can learn a lot from that innings. It was a super effort, really gutsy and thoroughly deserved.”