SSML Premier Division: Colney Heath stay in the top five as Spencer Clarke-Mardel rescues point against Hadley
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Colney Heath remained in the top five of the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division after a 1-1 draw at home to Hadley.
After a goal-less first period on Tuesday night, they fell behind early in the second half when an Alfie Bartram corner was finally bundled home by Sam Lyon.
But fortunately for the Magpies, they are just as adept from corners and it was their skipper, Spencer Clarke-Mardel, who nodded home Jack Woods’ set-piece.
There were chances for both teams before and after the burst of goals.
Callum Dudrenec hit the side netting in the first half and Hadley goalkeeper Ben Goode denied Woods and Danny Fitzgerald.
Charlie May was also called on to pushed a shot around the post before saving from Shaz Anwar.
The result means the Magpies have gone four league games without a win, something they will want to change for the visit of rivals London Colney on Saturday.
- 1 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 2 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park
- 3 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 4 Where and when can you see Santa's float in St Albans?
- 5 Victorian street theatre coming to St Albans city centre this Christmas with classic Dickensian tale
- 6 St Albans restaurant wins big in Curry Oscars
- 7 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 8 Hit and run on deadly Redbourn Road
- 9 Man wanted for criminal damage at The Horn pub
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans