SSML Premier Division: Colney Heath stay in the top five as Spencer Clarke-Mardel rescues point against Hadley
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Colney Heath remained in the top five of the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division after a 1-1 draw at home to Hadley.
After a goal-less first period on Tuesday night, they fell behind early in the second half when an Alfie Bartram corner was finally bundled home by Sam Lyon.
But fortunately for the Magpies, they are just as adept from corners and it was their skipper, Spencer Clarke-Mardel, who nodded home Jack Woods’ set-piece.
There were chances for both teams before and after the burst of goals.
Callum Dudrenec hit the side netting in the first half and Hadley goalkeeper Ben Goode denied Woods and Danny Fitzgerald.
You may also want to watch:
Charlie May was also called on to pushed a shot around the post before saving from Shaz Anwar.
The result means the Magpies have gone four league games without a win, something they will want to change for the visit of rivals London Colney on Saturday.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor