Sparkling second half from OA Saints pleases coach
- Credit: Archant
Head coach Darran Brown praised a ‘brilliant’ second-half performance from OA Saints – as the squad opened their Women’s Championship South-East Two season with a 35-5 success at Chesham Ladies.
After leading 7-5 at half-time, Saints bagged four tries in the second period, all converted by Robertson, as they found the extra gears to pull away from their hosts.
King, Gooding, Kiff and McKenna were the four to cross the whitewash, as Saints created chance after chance in the second half.
The back-row started to dominate and it allowed them to look comfortable with the ball in hand.
Brown said: “The first half was patchy, with signs of the squads potential shining through.
You may also want to watch:
“But the players reacted brilliantly after the break and executed the plan efficiently.
“The competition for places is hotting up with new players standing tall and players still to return.”
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Shortages crisis hits district