Sparkling second half from OA Saints pleases coach
- Credit: Archant
Head coach Darran Brown praised a ‘brilliant’ second-half performance from OA Saints – as the squad opened their Women’s Championship South-East Two season with a 35-5 success at Chesham Ladies.
After leading 7-5 at half-time, Saints bagged four tries in the second period, all converted by Robertson, as they found the extra gears to pull away from their hosts.
King, Gooding, Kiff and McKenna were the four to cross the whitewash, as Saints created chance after chance in the second half.
The back-row started to dominate and it allowed them to look comfortable with the ball in hand.
Brown said: “The first half was patchy, with signs of the squads potential shining through.
You may also want to watch:
“But the players reacted brilliantly after the break and executed the plan efficiently.
“The competition for places is hotting up with new players standing tall and players still to return.”
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park