Spaces going fast for St Albans Festival of Sport
- Credit: Archant
The second annual St Albans Festival of Sport is just over a week away but there are still places available.
Held at Verulamium Park on Sunday, September 18, the multi-sport event will include opportunities for both children and adults.
The Festival will include Triathlons, Aquathlons, Duathlons, Cycle events, 10K and 5K runs and a Scootathlon and Duathlon for kids.
Last year’s Festival of Sport attracted hundreds of child and adult participants and this years event will see St Albans mayor, Frances Leonard, officiating at the prize giving ceremony.
Event director David Enright said: “Hundreds of competitors have signed up for the events, so it’s sure to be a great success again.
You may also want to watch:
“There will be events for every member of the family, as well as a Sports Village and entertainments for spectators and supporters.
“Despite the high take up of places there are still spaces in most events. We are particularly encouraged by the number of parents who are entering their budding Olympians in our children’s events.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 6 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 7 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills
“But places are going fast, so we would encourage people to grab their place now.”
Lesley Garner, General Manager Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre, said: “The Everyone Active Team at Westminster Lodge are very excited to be part of this fantastic event. We welcome so many families into our facility and I know that the Festival of Sport will be supported whole heartedly by our members and the residents of St Albans.
“There is something for everyone, and a great starting point for people that have never competed in any way before.”
The Festival of Sport will have an incredible range of exciting events, including:
• 2 distances of Triathlon (which involve swimming cycling and running)
• 2 distances of Aquathlon (swim, run events)
• 2 Distances of Duathlon (run, bike, run events)
• Scootathon for Kids
• Kids Duathon
• 10 km and 5 km run races
For more information and to enter, go to www.herculesevents.com