Spaces going fast for St Albans Festival of Sport
- Credit: Archant
The second annual St Albans Festival of Sport is just over a week away but there are still places available.
Held at Verulamium Park on Sunday, September 18, the multi-sport event will include opportunities for both children and adults.
The Festival will include Triathlons, Aquathlons, Duathlons, Cycle events, 10K and 5K runs and a Scootathlon and Duathlon for kids.
Last year’s Festival of Sport attracted hundreds of child and adult participants and this years event will see St Albans mayor, Frances Leonard, officiating at the prize giving ceremony.
Event director David Enright said: “Hundreds of competitors have signed up for the events, so it’s sure to be a great success again.
You may also want to watch:
“There will be events for every member of the family, as well as a Sports Village and entertainments for spectators and supporters.
“Despite the high take up of places there are still spaces in most events. We are particularly encouraged by the number of parents who are entering their budding Olympians in our children’s events.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 6 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 St Albans Sirens overcome seasickness to complete charity Channel swim
“But places are going fast, so we would encourage people to grab their place now.”
Lesley Garner, General Manager Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre, said: “The Everyone Active Team at Westminster Lodge are very excited to be part of this fantastic event. We welcome so many families into our facility and I know that the Festival of Sport will be supported whole heartedly by our members and the residents of St Albans.
“There is something for everyone, and a great starting point for people that have never competed in any way before.”
The Festival of Sport will have an incredible range of exciting events, including:
• 2 distances of Triathlon (which involve swimming cycling and running)
• 2 distances of Aquathlon (swim, run events)
• 2 Distances of Duathlon (run, bike, run events)
• Scootathon for Kids
• Kids Duathon
• 10 km and 5 km run races
For more information and to enter, go to www.herculesevents.com