Southern League for Saints
Local derbies aplenty for Saints
ST ALBANS City have been placed in the Southern Premier League following the release of the provisional league structures by the Football Association.
The decision means City will have a host of local derbies to look forward to next season against the likes of Hitchin Town, Chesham United and Hemel Hempstead Town.
The move also places City alongside a raft of teams they’ve never played before as well as some they’ve enjoyed a rivalry with in previous seasons.
The Southern League Premier Division line-up for 2011/12 in full:
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 6 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 No cars mean children can play out in streets
Hemel Hempstead Town
St Albans City