Southern League for Saints
Local derbies aplenty for Saints
ST ALBANS City have been placed in the Southern Premier League following the release of the provisional league structures by the Football Association.
The decision means City will have a host of local derbies to look forward to next season against the likes of Hitchin Town, Chesham United and Hemel Hempstead Town.
The move also places City alongside a raft of teams they’ve never played before as well as some they’ve enjoyed a rivalry with in previous seasons.
The Southern League Premier Division line-up for 2011/12 in full:
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 6 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 7 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 8 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 Author's new book explores mental health during the pandemic
Hemel Hempstead Town
St Albans City