Some fast running from 20-strong St Albans Striders squad in London Marathon
- Credit: Archant
More than 20 St Albans Striders took part in the London Marathon.
The cool conditions favoured some fast times and six from the club finished in under three hours.
Nairn McWilliams was the first across the line in two hours 39 minutes followed by Steve Buckle in 2:40, Peter Crowdell 2:41, Martin Whitworth 2:44, Nick Pattison 2:48 and Richard Harry 2:52.
Claire Kremer was first lady home for the Striders in 3:11:31, one week after running just two seconds slower in the Brighton Marathon.
Deirdre Heydecker was second lady overall in the veteran 60 category in an impressive 3:28:33.
You may also want to watch:
Other Strider finishers included Mike Lancaster 3:02, Colin Braybrook 3:17, Gary Warren 3:20, Helen Cartlidge 3:21, Graham Foster 3:22, Stacey Harris 3:36, Simon Warner 3:38, Donna Irwin 3:57, Mark Travers and Spencer Grant 3:58, Susan Pearson-McDonald 4:16, Jennifer Johnston 4:28, Paddy Green 4:29, Tina Tremaine 4:30, Caroline Skyrme 4:47 and Laura Bailey 4:50.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 9 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans