Some fast running from 20-strong St Albans Striders squad in London Marathon
- Credit: Archant
More than 20 St Albans Striders took part in the London Marathon.
The cool conditions favoured some fast times and six from the club finished in under three hours.
Nairn McWilliams was the first across the line in two hours 39 minutes followed by Steve Buckle in 2:40, Peter Crowdell 2:41, Martin Whitworth 2:44, Nick Pattison 2:48 and Richard Harry 2:52.
Claire Kremer was first lady home for the Striders in 3:11:31, one week after running just two seconds slower in the Brighton Marathon.
Deirdre Heydecker was second lady overall in the veteran 60 category in an impressive 3:28:33.
You may also want to watch:
Other Strider finishers included Mike Lancaster 3:02, Colin Braybrook 3:17, Gary Warren 3:20, Helen Cartlidge 3:21, Graham Foster 3:22, Stacey Harris 3:36, Simon Warner 3:38, Donna Irwin 3:57, Mark Travers and Spencer Grant 3:58, Susan Pearson-McDonald 4:16, Jennifer Johnston 4:28, Paddy Green 4:29, Tina Tremaine 4:30, Caroline Skyrme 4:47 and Laura Bailey 4:50.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 4 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 5 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 8 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 9 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works