Sofia and Katie impress for Under 18s
St Albans City Youth THE Under 18s Girls were defeated 2-1 away at early league leaders Knaphill Wanderers. Sofia Munoz and Katie Ladd put in strong performances and each played a part in the goal scored by Claudia Hutton who drove a fine shot home. Knaph
St Albans City Youth
THE Under 18s Girls were defeated 2-1 away at early league leaders Knaphill Wanderers. Sofia Munoz and Katie Ladd put in strong performances and each played a part in the goal scored by Claudia Hutton who drove a fine shot home. Knaphill scored late in the game to make it four wins from four league fixtures. Defenders Jessica Hoare, Tay Jobson and Rebecca Dolphin played well along with goalkeeper Claire Brown and winger Kelly Hancock.
Kenny Paige netted a late winner and Megan Kiff also found the net to secure a 2-1 win for the Under 16s Girls away at FC Kensington.
Christina Freestone scored five goals as the Under 15s Girls won 8-0 against Potters Bar. Goalkeeper Hana Ward played well and Holly Clarke scored twice with Abigail Kemball-Cook netting one after a surging run.
You may also want to watch:
Sabrina Illian scored and was named Player of the Match as the Under 12s Girls lost 4-1 to Garston Girls at home.
Sabrina Illian and Niketa Dinnall shared the Player of the Match award but could not save the Under 11s girls from a 4-0 loss to Luton in the Chairman's Cup.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor