Smith stars as Blueboys head into 2015 with win over Jets
- Credit: Archant
London Colney enter the New Year sitting in 10th place in the SSML Premier Division, two above local rivals Colney Heath, after easing to a 3-0 win over Oxhey Jets.
Ryan Thompson’s Blueboys have games in hand on all but one of the nine teams ahead of them so they will be hoping to swiftly climb the table.
With two of their next three games against teams directly ahead of them, they have a chance to chase down the leading pack, especially if they play like they have done in the last three weeks.
Goalkeeper Jack Smith has been in superb form recently, keeping three clean sheets in a row. His quality has allowed the Blueboys to attack and in numbers, which has paid dividends as they have scored eight in two games.
On Saturday, Russell Gallagher fired Colney into the lead at Oxhey Jets. The game could have turned in the hosts’ favour shortly after but Smith tipped Lee Armitt’s penalty around the post.
You may also want to watch:
Joe Inman made it 2-0 on the stroke of half-time and Elliot Bailey wrapped up the points in the second.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development