Smith stars as Blueboys head into 2015 with win over Jets
- Credit: Archant
London Colney enter the New Year sitting in 10th place in the SSML Premier Division, two above local rivals Colney Heath, after easing to a 3-0 win over Oxhey Jets.
Ryan Thompson’s Blueboys have games in hand on all but one of the nine teams ahead of them so they will be hoping to swiftly climb the table.
With two of their next three games against teams directly ahead of them, they have a chance to chase down the leading pack, especially if they play like they have done in the last three weeks.
Goalkeeper Jack Smith has been in superb form recently, keeping three clean sheets in a row. His quality has allowed the Blueboys to attack and in numbers, which has paid dividends as they have scored eight in two games.
On Saturday, Russell Gallagher fired Colney into the lead at Oxhey Jets. The game could have turned in the hosts’ favour shortly after but Smith tipped Lee Armitt’s penalty around the post.
You may also want to watch:
Joe Inman made it 2-0 on the stroke of half-time and Elliot Bailey wrapped up the points in the second.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues