Smith sets new record
Smith claims new U17 hammer record
ALIX Smith joined the roster of St Albans AC record holders when she set a new best of 20.65m with victory in the U17 Hammer in the Sunday’s National Young Athletes League match.
Smith produced one of the day’s outstanding personal contributions as St Albans (609pts) defeated Cambridge (508pts) and Medway (433pts) to go to the top of Division One North East of the NYAL southern section.
With only a home fixure remaining next month, the prospect of promotion is now tantalisingly within reach.
Other headline performances were produced by Alicia James, with a useful 1.30m clearance in the U13 high jump.
You may also want to watch:
There was also a PB for Chloe Downes with a winning time of 13.8secs in the U13 75m as well as taking the B string long jump.
In a productive afternoon for the U13 squad, there were also wins for Molly Baillie (150m B & shot putt B), Marius Bell (800m), Cate Brookes (Shot Putt), Alex Brown (100m B & shot putt), Charley Dowsell (75m B), Jonathon Dean (100m & 150m B), Chloe Nicholls (high jump B), Abbie West (1200m), Robbie Valeri (long jump & high jump B),Tabitha Weddell (1200m B) and Susie Williams (800m B), With the English Schools fast approaching, Alicia Tymon-McEwan showed that she is getting into excellent shape with victory in the U15 75m Hurdles.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
While there was a debut point-scoring effort for Abby Smith in the U15 B 800m.
Other A stream winners were Pippa Bailey (U15 1500m), Laura Farrar (U17 1500m & 3000m), Chris Gillespie (U17 pole vault), James McMurray (U17 1500m), Carl Palin (U17 400m), Josh Pieterse (U17 hammer & shot putt), Steph Rukin (U17 80m hurdles), Andy Sears-Black (U17 triple jump), Megan Steer (U15 300m & 800m), Jason Tang (U17 discus) and Abi Wilde (U17 javelin).
The club play hosts on Sunday with their latest Eastern Young Athletes League match at Westminster Lodge.