Smith and Foster set new club records
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders’ Graham Smith and Graham Foster set new club records over five miles.
Smith’s time of 28mins 9secs earned him seventh overall at the Headington five mile race and first in the V40 race. Graham Foster was 23rd overall and second V50 in 29:58, taking the V50 club record.
Ben Scott took sixth place in a time of 1.32:53 at the Enigma Half Marathon in Milton Keynes. Jack Brooks completed yet another marathon, this time winning the V60 prize at the Halifax trail marathon in 4.26:55.
In the Watford Open Graded Athletics track meeting, Tom Crouch finished the 3,000 metres in 8mins 54secs. He then led the St Albans 5k Parkrun in a time of 15:59, nearly a minute ahead of second-placed Steve Buckle (16:57).
Also well-placed were Mark Castleton (14th in 18:07), Cathal Gallagher (15th in 18:09), Ed Bailey (16th in 18:18) and Jacob Hine (19th in 18:31). Penny Habbick was fourth lady in 19:59 and Jenny Maddocks fifth in 20:14.
You may also want to watch:
Helen Cartlidge was first lady at the Shorne Woods Parkrun in a time of 21:00.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans