Skew Bridge win Herts Advertiser Intermediate Cup

Intermediate Cup winners Skew Bridge Reserves.

Intermediate Cup winners Skew Bridge Reserves. - Credit: Archant

SKEW Bridge Res beat Herts Athletic with three goals in extra-time to lift Herts Ad Intermediate Cup.

Nicholas Breakspear OB Reserves with the Reserve Cup.

Nicholas Breakspear OB Reserves with the Reserve Cup. - Credit: Archant

The Division Two side were held by Herts Athletic, who occupy fourth spot in Division Five, for 90 minutes but goals from Tom Clark and Phil Lythgoe (two) in added time sealed the trophy.

Jack Gajjar scoring the match-winning goal for Nicholas Breakspear Reserves.

Jack Gajjar scoring the match-winning goal for Nicholas Breakspear Reserves. - Credit: Archant

Skew Bridge fired out of the blocks and, following a string of saves from Althletic’s Darren Foster, James Elliot opened the scoring.

A second quickly followed after great work from Lythgoe set up Elliot who netted from close range.

It may have taken 45 minutes but Athletic played their way into the game. First Sam Lyon linked up with Joe Meija to half the deficit.

Lyon added his name to the scoresheet, breaking through Skew Bridge’s defence to drive the ball into the net to take the game to extra-time.

Skew Bridge showed the gulf in leagues between the sides in added time, scoring three to win the cup.

Most Read

Athletic can now focus on their final four matches in their bid to secure promotion.

Herts Advertiser Reserve Cup Final

Nicholas Breakspear OB 1 Brookmans Park ‘A’ 0

A single goal saw Nicholas Breakspear crowned the Herts Ad Reserve Cup winners.

Jack Gajjar’s first-half goal was enough to see the Division Three outfit past their rivals, Brookmans Park ‘A’ from Division Four.

Breaksear started brightly and created numerous chances only to come up against Paul Goldie, making his 510th and final appearance for the Park, in fine form.

Gajjar’s goal came mid-way through the first half and it could have been more for Breakspear but for a determined Park defence that held them to a single goal.

Premier Division

AFC Rangers dominated from start to finish against Vision, winning 3-0.

Jimmy Hill toe-poked AFC into the lead before Andy Moore doubled the advantage.

Hill added the third from the spot to wrap up all three points.

Division One

Harpenden Arms got back on track with a convincing 4-2 win against FC Potters Bar.

Tom Collin was in superb form with two goals and a MOM performance. Last season’s top scorer was also in form scoring on his first start of the season with Michael Davies scoring the other.

Division Two

Wayward shooting hampered Herts Mauritian to a 4-3 loss against Church End.

By half-time Church End were two up and looking for more goals as Mauritian’s goalkeeper had to go off injured. He was replaced by Darren Caveree.

Church End scored two more early in the second-half, both from penalties to put the game beyond Mauritian.

A vallant fightback saw Mauritian score three in the last 20 minutes; Senanayake Nishan, Mo Hassan and Neetesh Iyapah scoring the goals.

Division Three

Precision continued their winning run with a comfortable 5-1 win against Old albanians.

Matt Day slotted home a Chris Seeby pass before setting up Seeby to put The Seeds 2-1 up at the interval.

Day then scored his 17th of season before Leon Ferdinand’s netted from close range.

Seeby completed the scoring with the goal of the game, a left foot pile-driver into far corner.

A patched up St Albans IFC team came out on top against Wheathampstead.

Top scorer Jason Nicolaou bagged a hat-trick, Sam Crafts bundled in and John Thompson scored after a good run.

Wheathamstead’s goals came from James Lynch and Lee Bennett

Division Four

Dukes had the edge against White Horse, winning 3-1.

Dukes went into the break ahead thanks to Jack Johnson’s flighted free-kick.

At the start of the second period it was all White Horse but Dukes weathered the storm before pulling further ahead through Antony Brown.

White Horse pulled a goal back but Jarred Goss re-established Dukes’ two-goal cushion with an excellent individual effort.

A local derby between Oaks Res and Harpenden Colts OB ended in a 2-2 stalemate.

The game came to life with a 15th minute goal by Steve Miller following a defensive mix up by Oaks.

The lead was extended when Robbie Barker placed the ball past Andy Palmer.

Colts looked to be cruising when Oaks struck back. Steve Conroy scored from the spot and a speculative volley from Dylan Williams found the net.

The second-half saw some enterprising football as both sides sought the winning goal with Colts denied by two excellent saves – one a penalty – from Palmer.

Ridge and Marquis of Granby shared the points in a 2-2 draw. Billy Unite and Mark Savory scored for Ridge.

Division Five

Greenwood Park were made to work hard for their 1-0 win against a determined George Rebourn team.

Greenwood were almost made to rue missed chances until the 80th minute when Matt Thorn scored the winning goal.

Camp KBK brought their season to an end with their highest score of the season, defeating AFC Mymms 8-0.

Star performer for Camp was Ryan Woolmer who scored five goals. Other goals came from Matt Farmer, Dan Law and Chris McElligott.

Hold the Front Page

Blacksmiths Arms overcame Oaks 6-1 with goals from Jamie Sharp, Oli Franks, Dan grosch, Rhys Jacob and an own goal.