Six points from two games for London Colney

London Colney collected six points from their clashes with London Tigers and Leverstock Green.

LONDON Colney beat SSML Premier Division strugglers London Tigers 4-1 on Tuesday night.

On eight minutes the Blueboys opened the scoring.

Callum Wright latched on to a Greg Shaw through ball and although keeper Jamie Adim was quick off his line to block the shot, the ball span up and Matt Newman steered it into the unguarded net.

The floodgates though did not open after this and Shaw had a shot beaten away while Knightley put over a couple of crosses, Adim punched clear the first one and Callum Wright headed over the second.

The Tigers drew level when Andres Carrion-Iniguoz let fly from 25 yards and the ball flew into the top right corner.

The Blueboys hit back when they won a free-kick on the right. Dave Keenleyside drilled a low ball across the box for Matt Sutton to sweep home.

Most Read

After the break Keenleyside shot wide and Newman had an effort deflected off target.

Wright then had a cracking drive tipped over by Adim.

In the 75th minute Colney were awarded a penalty as Newman was brought down.

Keenleyside drove it into the bottom right to make it 3-1.

Soon it was 4-1 as Keenleyside curled over a free-kick which Sutton headed into the back of the net.

Next for the second match running Newman was denied a brace by the woodwork as his lob bounced up and came back off the bar.

London Colney picked up another three points on Saturday with a 3-1 win at Leverstock Green.

Green opened the scoring on nine minutes when their captain Adam Hallissey side-stepped Bobby Armstrong with ease and struck a cracking shot past keeper Mark Whittamore.

The Blueboys tried to hit back quickly and a free-kick from Dave Keenleyside caused panic in the box with both Matt Newman and Greg Shaw having shots blocked before McCafferty’s follow-up went over the bar.

Callum Wright for the Blueboys made a surging run towards goal only to see his low drive go wide.

The second half was only a minute old when The Blueboys won a penalty as Newman was clipped in the box. Keenleyside fired the spot-kick into the bottom left to level.

Seven minutes later it was 2-1 to Colney as a long ball forward by Whittamore was flicked on by Newman to Keenleyside who ran and drove the ball home.

For Leverstock James Dabbs went close and Adel Mannion had a firm shot saved.

At the other end Wright had a header saved and a shot from Kenny Hull threatened the wildlife in the next field.

With a quarter of an hour to go the Blueboys made it 4-1 as Newman smashed home, he then hit the far post before the end.

The Reserves lost 4-2 at home to Kent Athletic. Jack Woods and Sebastain Thomas scored their goals.