Six Nations start for Old Albanian winger Perkins
- Credit: Archant
Old Albanian winger George Perkins will start for the England U20 side in Saturday’s Six Nations opener.
England coach Jon Callard announced his squad to face Wales at Parc Eirias in Colwyn Bay today.
As well as the former Oaklands College winger, who is a member of Saracens Academy squad, Callard has named five players from England’s world championship winning U20 side from last year. Lock Charlie Ewels will lead the team out.
Callard said: “Wales are a fabulous nation who love their rugby and we’re excited about taking them on. We have trained well this week and have a healthy blend of experienced and new players in this squad.
“Wales are a passionate bunch and we got a good result against them last season, so they’ll be keen to come out of the blocks firing. They’ll be hurting from that result and wanting to prove a point, but we’ll be focusing on ourselves and looking to perform as well as we can.”
You may also want to watch:
England Under 20 squad to face Wales
15 Piers O’Conor (Wasps); 14 George Perkins (Saracens); 13 Joe Marchant (Harlequins); 12 Max Clark (Bath Rugby); 11 Howard Packman (Northampton Saints); 10 Rory Jennings (Bath Rugby); 9 Stuart Townsend (Exeter Chiefs); 1 Ellis Genge (Bristol Rugby); 2 Jack Walker (Yorkshire Carnegie); 3 Paul Hill (Yorkshire Carnegie); 4 Kieran Treadwell (Harlequins); 5 Charlie Ewels (Bath Rugby, captain); 6 Charlie Beckett (Leicester Tigers); 7 Will Owen (Leicester Tigers); 8 James Chisholm (Harlequins).
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
Replacements: 16 Jake Farnworth (Leicester Tigers); 17 Seb Adeniran-Olule (Harlequins); 18 Ciaran Parker (Sale Sharks); 19 Joe Batley (Gloucester Rugby); 20 Josh Bainbridge (Yorkshire Carnegie); 21 James Mitchell (Sale Sharks); 22 Tom Morton (Sale Sharks); 23 Tom Fowlie (London Irish).