Shields named star man for February
THERE was some good news for City s injured midfielder Solomon Shields this week after it was revealed he was the Harpenden Construction Ltd. Player of the Month for February. Shields was enjoying his best form of the season last month before rupturing hi
THERE was some good news for City's injured midfielder Solomon Shields this week after it was revealed he was the Harpenden Construction Ltd. Player of the Month for February.
Shields was enjoying his best form of the season last month before rupturing his Achilles two weeks ago. The former Leyton Orient trainee underwent surgery last Wednesday and is now facing anything up to nine months on the sidelines.
It is hoped that Shields will be at Clarence Park to receive his award prior to Saturday's game with Thurrock from Saints fan Barry Spink.
The Saints City Trust are running a joint players and supporters coach to the game at Worcester City.
You may also want to watch:
The coach will depart Clarence Road at 10am. Space is limited so priority is given to Trust members. The cost is �18 for adults and �12 for juniors. To book a place, you can either visit the club shop on Saturday or ring Ian Bangs (07733 381874) or Peter Knock (01727 847484).
- 1 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 2 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 3 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 4 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 5 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 6 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 7 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans