Shields named star man for February
THERE was some good news for City s injured midfielder Solomon Shields this week after it was revealed he was the Harpenden Construction Ltd. Player of the Month for February. Shields was enjoying his best form of the season last month before rupturing hi
THERE was some good news for City's injured midfielder Solomon Shields this week after it was revealed he was the Harpenden Construction Ltd. Player of the Month for February.
Shields was enjoying his best form of the season last month before rupturing his Achilles two weeks ago. The former Leyton Orient trainee underwent surgery last Wednesday and is now facing anything up to nine months on the sidelines.
It is hoped that Shields will be at Clarence Park to receive his award prior to Saturday's game with Thurrock from Saints fan Barry Spink.
The Saints City Trust are running a joint players and supporters coach to the game at Worcester City.
You may also want to watch:
The coach will depart Clarence Road at 10am. Space is limited so priority is given to Trust members. The cost is �18 for adults and �12 for juniors. To book a place, you can either visit the club shop on Saturday or ring Ian Bangs (07733 381874) or Peter Knock (01727 847484).
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre