Shields believes reserves run out beneficial
SOLOMON Shields believes City will gain confidence after a large number of first team players were given a run-out in the reserves on Tuesday night. City boss Steve Castle included nine first team players in the game with former Leyton Orient youngsters S
SOLOMON Shields believes City will gain confidence after a large number of first team players were given a run-out in the reserves on Tuesday night.
City boss Steve Castle included nine first team players in the game with former Leyton Orient youngsters Shields and Henry Atu getting the goals in a 2-1 win over Enfield Town Reserves.
Shields felt the run out for the reserves was a worthwhile exercise and says the game allowed the team to get some valuable minutes together.
"After the weekend it was good to get out there and get some confidence," said the 19-year-old midfielder.
You may also want to watch:
"It was good to get another 90 minutes together because we don't get too much time to train and I think it was a good exercise and we'll take a lot of confidence from it."
City travel to 18th placed Weston-super-Mare on Saturday and Shields says the players are focussed on getting three points.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 6 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 No cars mean children can play out in streets
"Last week everyone was gutted to go out in that fashion but we've got to look to this game and look to get three points," added Shields.
"Obviously they are down there and it's another game we'll be expected to win like the Weymouth game.
"We've just got to take the game to them, work hard and I think our quality will shine through.