Sheringham joins Dartford, Wood re-sign Tucker and Ciardini commits
The latest news from Blue Square South
Blue Square Bet South newboys Dartford have continued their squad building with the acquisition of Charlie Sheringham.
The 22-year-old, who is the son of former England, Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United forward Teddy Sheringham, has joined the Kent outfit after an unhappy spell at Bishop’s Stortford.
Sheringham had made the switch to Hertfordshire last summer but a return of just nine goals, which included five in one match against Weymouth, saw the striker shipped out to Blue Square Premier side Histon.
St Albans City’s Hertfordshire rivals Boreham Wood have re-signed Player of the Season Tony Tucker. The former Woking goalkeeper made 49 appearances for Wood last season earning five Man of the Match awards. Wood have also re-signed striker Claude Seanla.
You may also want to watch:
Long-serving left-sided player Nic Ciardini has commited himself to Farnborough following their promotion to Blue Square Bet South. Ciardini has been with the club since the age of eight and has made 171 appearances for the Hampshire outift. The 21-year-old has signed a one year deal.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 9 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 10 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game