Sheringham joins Dartford, Wood re-sign Tucker and Ciardini commits
The latest news from Blue Square South
Blue Square Bet South newboys Dartford have continued their squad building with the acquisition of Charlie Sheringham.
The 22-year-old, who is the son of former England, Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United forward Teddy Sheringham, has joined the Kent outfit after an unhappy spell at Bishop’s Stortford.
Sheringham had made the switch to Hertfordshire last summer but a return of just nine goals, which included five in one match against Weymouth, saw the striker shipped out to Blue Square Premier side Histon.
St Albans City’s Hertfordshire rivals Boreham Wood have re-signed Player of the Season Tony Tucker. The former Woking goalkeeper made 49 appearances for Wood last season earning five Man of the Match awards. Wood have also re-signed striker Claude Seanla.
You may also want to watch:
Long-serving left-sided player Nic Ciardini has commited himself to Farnborough following their promotion to Blue Square Bet South. Ciardini has been with the club since the age of eight and has made 171 appearances for the Hampshire outift. The 21-year-old has signed a one year deal.
- 1 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 2 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 3 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 7 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 8 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack