Sheridan bags four as Heath Ladies thrash Watton
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath Ladies progressed to round two of the County Cup in style with a 7-0 thrashing of Watton.
Holly Sheridan was the Magpies’ stand out player as she netted a second-half hat-trick to complete a foul-goal haul.
Looking to bounce back after last week’s disappointing FA Cup exit, Heath started the game brightly, forcing Watton into their own half and gaining a few corners.
Watton started to get a foothold, but, after winning the ball on the right side, Megan Kiff put Sophie Joseph through on goal. Her initial effort was saved but she had the composure to find the corner at the second attempt.
Some tidy play from Colney was snuffed out at the edge of Watton’s box but after a scramble for possession it was 2-0 after a thunderous outside of the boot finish from Sheridan.
Colney Heath all but wrapped up the game before the break as Molly Slade dispatched Kelly Hancock’s long throw.
The second half was all one-way traffic as Sheridan notched her second of the game.
- 1 Person dies after being hit by a train between St Albans and London
- 2 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Car and moped crash in St Albans
- 4 Police 'concerned for welfare' of missing Hertfordshire teenager
- 5 Married at First Sight: St Albans' Whitney wants to walk down the aisle
- 6 Call for hosepipe ban to protect River Ver
- 7 St Albans Striders brave the heat to tackle numerous races
- 8 Main footpath closed while CCOS South work underway
- 9 Fresh call for safer crossing on route into city centre
- 10 Could community banking hub open in Harpenden?
Kirsty Feasy added a fifth from close range but the game belonged to Sheridan. The striker rounded the keeper for her third goal of the game before added Heath’s seventh to seal a comprehensive victory.