Sheridan bags four as Heath Ladies thrash Watton
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath Ladies progressed to round two of the County Cup in style with a 7-0 thrashing of Watton.
Holly Sheridan was the Magpies’ stand out player as she netted a second-half hat-trick to complete a foul-goal haul.
Looking to bounce back after last week’s disappointing FA Cup exit, Heath started the game brightly, forcing Watton into their own half and gaining a few corners.
Watton started to get a foothold, but, after winning the ball on the right side, Megan Kiff put Sophie Joseph through on goal. Her initial effort was saved but she had the composure to find the corner at the second attempt.
Some tidy play from Colney was snuffed out at the edge of Watton’s box but after a scramble for possession it was 2-0 after a thunderous outside of the boot finish from Sheridan.
You may also want to watch:
Colney Heath all but wrapped up the game before the break as Molly Slade dispatched Kelly Hancock’s long throw.
The second half was all one-way traffic as Sheridan notched her second of the game.
- 1 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 2 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 3 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 6 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 7 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 10 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
Kirsty Feasy added a fifth from close range but the game belonged to Sheridan. The striker rounded the keeper for her third goal of the game before added Heath’s seventh to seal a comprehensive victory.