Sheridan bags four as Heath Ladies thrash Watton
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath Ladies progressed to round two of the County Cup in style with a 7-0 thrashing of Watton.
Holly Sheridan was the Magpies’ stand out player as she netted a second-half hat-trick to complete a foul-goal haul.
Looking to bounce back after last week’s disappointing FA Cup exit, Heath started the game brightly, forcing Watton into their own half and gaining a few corners.
Watton started to get a foothold, but, after winning the ball on the right side, Megan Kiff put Sophie Joseph through on goal. Her initial effort was saved but she had the composure to find the corner at the second attempt.
Some tidy play from Colney was snuffed out at the edge of Watton’s box but after a scramble for possession it was 2-0 after a thunderous outside of the boot finish from Sheridan.
You may also want to watch:
Colney Heath all but wrapped up the game before the break as Molly Slade dispatched Kelly Hancock’s long throw.
The second half was all one-way traffic as Sheridan notched her second of the game.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
Kirsty Feasy added a fifth from close range but the game belonged to Sheridan. The striker rounded the keeper for her third goal of the game before added Heath’s seventh to seal a comprehensive victory.