Shephard’s 77 is not enough for Sandridge 2nds
Despite a brilliant 77 from Jack Shephard, Sandridge 2nds were comprehensively beaten by a very strong Old ELizabethans 2nds side.
Losing the toss Sandridge were asked to bat and they immediately lost Matt Scott to the second ball of the opening over.
Dave Camm and Amit Parab supported Shephard at the crease without going on to make big scores against a strong opening attack.
Shephard showed great resilience in defense initially and then began to play shots to all parts of the ground, well supported at the end by Matt Miller and Graham Perrin as Sandridge finished with a creditable total of 169.
In reply, Old Elizabethans got off to a poor start thanks to the bowling of Graham Perrin who took three wickets in his opening four overs to leave them struggling on 24-3.
However this was a day when the rest of the bowling attack failed to add any support, and OEs’ middle order cashed in, scoring freely and quickly. Simon Meyrick picked up a late wicket but by then the result was a foregone conclusion.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 6 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 7 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 8 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023