Shephard’s 77 is not enough for Sandridge 2nds
Despite a brilliant 77 from Jack Shephard, Sandridge 2nds were comprehensively beaten by a very strong Old ELizabethans 2nds side.
Losing the toss Sandridge were asked to bat and they immediately lost Matt Scott to the second ball of the opening over.
Dave Camm and Amit Parab supported Shephard at the crease without going on to make big scores against a strong opening attack.
Shephard showed great resilience in defense initially and then began to play shots to all parts of the ground, well supported at the end by Matt Miller and Graham Perrin as Sandridge finished with a creditable total of 169.
In reply, Old Elizabethans got off to a poor start thanks to the bowling of Graham Perrin who took three wickets in his opening four overs to leave them struggling on 24-3.
You may also want to watch:
However this was a day when the rest of the bowling attack failed to add any support, and OEs’ middle order cashed in, scoring freely and quickly. Simon Meyrick picked up a late wicket but by then the result was a foregone conclusion.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall