Nissen and Kerai do the damage as Shenley Village win at Leverstock Green
- Credit: Archant
A stunning fifth-wicket partnership between Kris Nissen and Paresh Kerai saw Shenley Village to a 40-run success away to Leverstock Green.
The pair put on 204 in under 26 overs and both went on to complete centuries.
Nissen top scored with 116, hitting 14 fours and three sixes in his knock, but Kerai's 113 not out came from just 77 balls and saw him go to the boundary nine times and over it seven.
It wasn't the only reason for the win, with the entire team coming together in the second innings to produce a fine display of fielding but there was no doubt it set the foundations.
When they came together Shenley were 84-4 and it got them to 307-5.
You may also want to watch:
In reply Levy were well ahead of the scoring rate but every bowler got at least one wicket and a brilliant direct hit from Sam Dowsett broke through at the right time.
And they wrapped things up in the 48th over with the hosts 267 all out.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital