Nissen and Kerai do the damage as Shenley Village win at Leverstock Green
- Credit: Archant
A stunning fifth-wicket partnership between Kris Nissen and Paresh Kerai saw Shenley Village to a 40-run success away to Leverstock Green.
The pair put on 204 in under 26 overs and both went on to complete centuries.
Nissen top scored with 116, hitting 14 fours and three sixes in his knock, but Kerai's 113 not out came from just 77 balls and saw him go to the boundary nine times and over it seven.
It wasn't the only reason for the win, with the entire team coming together in the second innings to produce a fine display of fielding but there was no doubt it set the foundations.
When they came together Shenley were 84-4 and it got them to 307-5.
You may also want to watch:
In reply Levy were well ahead of the scoring rate but every bowler got at least one wicket and a brilliant direct hit from Sam Dowsett broke through at the right time.
And they wrapped things up in the 48th over with the hosts 267 all out.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 10 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser