Shenley fall short in run chase
SHL Division Three Shenley Village 236 lost to Rickmansworth 249 by 13 runs Despite bowling out the opposition and putting 236 runs on the board, Shenley Village ended up the losing side on Saturday. In a fiery encounter on a warm afternoon at the Shenley
SHL Division Three
Shenley Village 236 lost to Rickmansworth 249 by 13 runs
Despite bowling out the opposition and putting 236 runs on the board, Shenley Village ended up the losing side on Saturday.
In a fiery encounter on a warm afternoon at the Shenley Cricket Centre, visitors Rickmansworth made 249 all out with Waseem Khan top-scoring with 53.
You may also want to watch:
Paceman Wendell Roberts, pictured in action right, took 3-73 and spinner Rifkhan Hameed 2-36.
Shenley made a great effort to chase the Rickmansworth total. Shakir Hameed hit a solid 70, while Roberts, batting at number eight, made a hugely entertaining 57 not out - which included five sixes.
- 1 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 2 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 3 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 4 Why is there a 50mph speed limit on small section of A414?
- 5 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 6 Row over new barriers blocking path for wheelchair users
- 7 Increase in electric car charging points thanks to new partnership
- 8 Row over charges for garden waste continues
- 9 Ambulance boss steps down after battling 'severe coronavirus'
- 10 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
But it was not to be, and the game ended in fading light and in spitting rain with Shenley falling short by 13 runs. However, their endeavour earned them maximum bowling and batting bonus points, leaving them in upper mid-table.
Shenley continue their campaign on Saturday, with a trip to Chipperfield Clarendon (1.30pm start).