Shenley fall short in run chase
SHL Division Three Shenley Village 236 lost to Rickmansworth 249 by 13 runs Despite bowling out the opposition and putting 236 runs on the board, Shenley Village ended up the losing side on Saturday. In a fiery encounter on a warm afternoon at the Shenley
SHL Division Three
Shenley Village 236 lost to Rickmansworth 249 by 13 runs
Despite bowling out the opposition and putting 236 runs on the board, Shenley Village ended up the losing side on Saturday.
In a fiery encounter on a warm afternoon at the Shenley Cricket Centre, visitors Rickmansworth made 249 all out with Waseem Khan top-scoring with 53.
You may also want to watch:
Paceman Wendell Roberts, pictured in action right, took 3-73 and spinner Rifkhan Hameed 2-36.
Shenley made a great effort to chase the Rickmansworth total. Shakir Hameed hit a solid 70, while Roberts, batting at number eight, made a hugely entertaining 57 not out - which included five sixes.
- 1 CCTV appeal after £100,000 worth of vehicles destroyed in arson attack
- 2 What to expect with pupils heading back to the classroom
- 3 Residents' misery after disruption on former Butterfly World site
- 4 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 5 Tributes paid following death of 'warm and polite' Redbourn councillor
- 6 Blooming Burnham flower tributes 'spread love not lurgies'
- 7 St Albans' COVID cases decline considerably as roadmap out of lockdown announced
- 8 Harpenden receives high praise from Health Secretary over vaccine
- 9 The latest court results from the St Albans area
- 10 Renewed promises made across three generations of Herts guides
But it was not to be, and the game ended in fading light and in spitting rain with Shenley falling short by 13 runs. However, their endeavour earned them maximum bowling and batting bonus points, leaving them in upper mid-table.
Shenley continue their campaign on Saturday, with a trip to Chipperfield Clarendon (1.30pm start).