Shenley fall short in run chase
SHL Division Three Shenley Village 236 lost to Rickmansworth 249 by 13 runs Despite bowling out the opposition and putting 236 runs on the board, Shenley Village ended up the losing side on Saturday. In a fiery encounter on a warm afternoon at the Shenley
SHL Division Three
Shenley Village 236 lost to Rickmansworth 249 by 13 runs
Despite bowling out the opposition and putting 236 runs on the board, Shenley Village ended up the losing side on Saturday.
In a fiery encounter on a warm afternoon at the Shenley Cricket Centre, visitors Rickmansworth made 249 all out with Waseem Khan top-scoring with 53.
You may also want to watch:
Paceman Wendell Roberts, pictured in action right, took 3-73 and spinner Rifkhan Hameed 2-36.
Shenley made a great effort to chase the Rickmansworth total. Shakir Hameed hit a solid 70, while Roberts, batting at number eight, made a hugely entertaining 57 not out - which included five sixes.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 3 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 4 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 5 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 6 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 9 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
But it was not to be, and the game ended in fading light and in spitting rain with Shenley falling short by 13 runs. However, their endeavour earned them maximum bowling and batting bonus points, leaving them in upper mid-table.
Shenley continue their campaign on Saturday, with a trip to Chipperfield Clarendon (1.30pm start).