Shenley battle for draw
Saracens Herts League Division 3 Ickleford 235 drew with Shenley Village 207-8 SHENLEY Village held on for a draw at Ickleford, leaving them third in the Division 3 table, after a long afternoon at the Walnut Way ground. The home side won the toss and dec
Saracens Herts League Division 3
Ickleford 235 drew with Shenley Village 207-8
SHENLEY Village held on for a draw at Ickleford, leaving them third in the Division 3 table, after a long afternoon at the Walnut Way ground.
The home side won the toss and decided to bat, with captain Duncan Jenner making a solid start.
You may also want to watch:
The first wicket fell with the Ickleford score on 76; fellow opener Dave Pursey being dismissed lbw off Al-Darraji for 23.
Jenner was finally caught off the bowling of paceman Wendell Roberts when on 69 - the home side going on to make 235 all out off 52 overs. The best of the Shenley bowlers were Roberts (4-60), Al-Darraji (3-49) and Saqeb (3-58).
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 8 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 9 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
The visitors lost opener Vadgama for nine, caught off Schumann (by far the most successful of the Ickleford bowlers with his 4-59).
A concerted team effort saw Shenley through for the draw, ending on 207-8 after 42 overs, with Rifkin's 35 and Liam Willingham's 37no - which included one six and six fours - making valuable contributions.
Shenley face Hemel Hempstead at home next Saturday, with a 1.30pm start.