Seven wicket defeat for Park
Greenwood Park suffer seven wicket defeat at home to North Enfield
SHL Division Nine
Greenwood Park 150
North Enfield II 152-3
North Enfield won by seven wickets
You may also want to watch:
GREENWOOD Park suffered their first defeat of the season as they were convincingly beaten by North Enfield II. On a hot summers day Park lost the toss and were put into bat, they got off to a solid start reaching 70 for none from 20 overs. The skipper had hopes that the Greenwood Park collapse was left behind in previous seasons but despite resistance from Smith, Eyre and Baker Park collapsed to 150 all out loosing 8 wickets in 15 overs.
The North Enfield batsmen got off to a similar start to Parks innings accumulating runs and capitalising on the bad ball. With no wickets falling the new ball was taken and had an almost immediate effect with SJ Nash taking the wicket with help from a smart catch from Smith. Throughout the innings there were too many bad balls bowled which helped North Enfield reach their total with 15 overs to spare despite Shakoor Ahmad picking up a couple of wickets.
- 1 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 8 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 9 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire