Seven-up for St Albans as they charge to the top of the Premier Division table
- Credit: Archant
A magnificent seven sent St Albans Hockey Club’s men storming to the top of the East League Premier Division table.
Pete Cornell and Matt Davey scored two each and George Scott, Tariq Marcano and Hugo Christie one as the Tangerines won 7-2 at home to Bedford.
The visitors, like their hosts, had opened their season with three wins from three but St Albans blew them away with incessant pressure.
It was 5-1 at half-time in a superb display of attacking hockey and although they only managed two more goals after the break, Saints were still in irresistible form.
They head to second bottom Norwich City on Saturday looking to continue their charge.
You may also want to watch:
St Albans Ladies were held to a 1-1 draw away to Horsham in the Investec Women’s Hockey League Conference East.
Adele Sammons got the goal to leave them sixth in the table and facing a home game against Southgate on Sunday.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly