Seven up for sparkling Park team

London Roads two-goal man Matt Newman leaves two Verulam Arms players trailing

London Roads two-goal man Matt Newman leaves two Verulam Arms players trailing - Credit: Archant

Biggest win of the season for Brookmans Park in Division One

Herts Mauritian keeper Ricky Figg comes flying out of goal to block a Colney Heath Rangers shot

Herts Mauritian keeper Ricky Figg comes flying out of goal to block a Colney Heath Rangers shot - Credit: Archant

Division One

Brookmans Park put up a brilliant performance by hammering Bradmore Rovers 7-0, their biggest win of the season.

Goals came from Nick Gaskell (2), Jon Edmonds (2), Darren Chillingworth, Daren Cousins and a penalty from Danny Clifton.

After thumping Queens Head 7-2 last time and being 5-0 up in first 20 minutes, Six Bells turned up in confident mood expecting an easy three points on Sunday.

Queens had other ideas and put in one of their best team performances of the season. With Sam Ledger getting fitter by the week and young George Guest getting used to the adult game, Queens never looked in any danger. Goals from Matt Corran and Phil Turner gave Queens all three points and a well deserved 2-0 victory.

Herts Intermediate Cup

Most Read

In an all HAD Sunday League clash, Oaks came out on top 5-2 against Blackberry Jack. Two goals apiece can from Adam Fowler and Tommy Hunt, and a Haydn Williams single.

Herts Advertiser Knockout Cup

A hard-fought tie ended with AFC Rangers running out 3-1 winners against PSV with three quality goals. PSV’s lone strike came from captain Tom Herd. Danny Comber was PSV’s outstanding player.

Top scorers of the day were Nicholas Breakspear OB who defeated Church End 11-1 with goals from Dave Parkinson (3), Danny Fitzgerald (2), Cain Davey (2), Josh Humbert, Paul Doonan, Robert Browell and Alex Songaila.

Herts Advertiser Challenge Cup

Skew Bridge were made to work by a good FC Potters Bar who hurried Skew out of their normal cultured game.

Skew did get on top and once Ed Frost had opened the scoring the result wasn’t in doubt with Nathan Dawes and Andy Saul in command at the back and most of the attacks came via full-backs Elliott Smith and David Hay. Ben Warren looked threatening and when he broke through he was dragged to the floor but got up to tuck away the penalty.

David Hay was unlucky with a thunderbolt that cleared the bar as Skew looked to close out the game. The nimble Dan Bathurst continued to wrong foot the opposition while the Potters Bar keeper excelled throughout and pulled off a good save from Chris Gregory but was helpless when Warren scored a brilliant third after a turn and shot.

Herts Advertiser Intermediate Cup

Two-goal and Man of the Match Matt Frank stood out for Old Albanians in an 8-5 extra-time win against Precision. Other goals came from Alex Dowell (2), Francis Carr, Rob Carragher, and Adam Phillips. Precision’s goals came from Jack Woods (2), Lewis Boulter, Chris Day and Rory Poole.

Herts Advertiser Junior Cup

Harpenden Colts OB stormed into a fourth-minute lead with a goal from Cheng He. Following a White Horse equaliser Dan Watkinson in his second game for Colts restored the lead with a 20-yard shot.

The game failed to ignite until a minute from the end when against the run of play White Horse thundered in an equaliser. Despite strenuous efforts in extra time, neither side broke the deadlock and it was left to Harry Woods in goal for the Old Boys to make a vital penalty save as Colts ran out 5-4 winners in the shootout. Colts Man of the Match was Ben Cobley with fine performances from Harry Woods and Cheng He.

St Albans Royals took control of the first half and broke down Jersey Farm with a goal from Scott Lye. Farm equalised through Ross Ashcroft before Royals scored two more through Andy Killinger and Ashley Bone. In the second half Farm battled hard but found it hard to break down the Royals defence with Greg Moloney and Paul Adams having great games. Farm scored from an own goal to win 3-2. Royals star man was Paul Adams.

Herts Advertiser Reserve Cup

Goals from Sam Mardle, James Wheeler and James Juggins gave Nicholas Breakspear OB Res a 3-1 win against Colney Heath Rangers Res. Simon Walsworth replied for Rangers, who had Dan Altchuler in top form.

White Horse Res defeated Wheathampstead ‘89 Res 2-1 with goals from Man of the Match Matt Drinkall and Chris Green. Jamie Dawson scored for Wheathampstead.

Premier Division

London Road continued their good form with their fourth successive win when completing the double over Verulam Arms in a 4-2 win. Matt Newman, with two goals and Frankie Jowle gave the Arms defence a hectic time. Other Road goals came from Winston Taylor and Matthew Tillbrook. Sam Margerrison and Man of the Match Lars Burkhardt replied for the Arms.

Vision and Phoenix shared the spoils in a 3-3 draw. Liam Addlesee (2) and Dan Burrows scored for Phoenix.

Division Two

Beaver Travel put in an excellent team performance to overcome Wheathampstead Icarus 2-0. Beaver took the lead with a well-taken goal from Ish Omar. On the rare occasion the Beaver Travel defence was breached, Wheathampstead Icarus found Robert Burgess in excellent form with some good saves. Beaver Travel made sure of the victory late in the game with another strike from Omar.

Herts Mauritian dominated against Colney Heath Rangers and took the lead after a cross from Man of the Match Hamza Khan to Darren Caveree who volleyed home. Dan Morris tackled the Rangers keeper to make it 2-0.

A lone goal by Steve Harris kept Skew Bridge Res seven points clear at the top of the division, by defeating Phoenix Res 1-0.

Following three defeats on the trot, Insurance Store had their biggest win of the season, overcoming Victoria 8-1. Mark Winter grabbed a hat-trick. Cesar Da Silva (2), Liam Errington and Tawhid Juneja completed the tally. Paul Bullen was their Man of the Match. Danny Norris scored for Victoria.

Division Three

IFC St Albans ground out another win, deservedly coming out on top against Queens Head Res 2-0. Star of the show was super sub Stevie Bulmer who scored two. The first turning home after a James Jennings effort was saved, the second a lovely curled finish.

Brookmans Park Res lost 2-1 to a last-minute penalty against Radlett Village. Joe Cullum had scored for Park, but the team were guilty of missing many other chances.

A goal by Danny Bishop gave O’Neills a 1-0 win against Wheathampstead ‘89.

Division Four

Dukes defeated Marquis of Granby 3-2. Against the run of play Marquis went ahead after 30 minutes but Dukes levelled just before half-time through Antony Brown. Dukes made it 2-1 after the break, only for Marquis to draw level. With two minutes to go Dukes scored the winner. Both of Dukes’ second half goals came from Jack Johnson.

Cottonmill won a hard-fought match against Oak Res 4-1. Michael Cattermole scored from the spot, Shane Devine, Lee Sturgess and Man of the Match Pat Nyamangunda scored the other goals. Stephen Conroy netted for Oaks. James Dobinson was Oaks star player.

Brookmans Park A were on the wrong side of a seven-goal thriller going down 4-3 against Vision Res. Danny Hunter, Rob Egan and Ollie Thomas scored for Park. Vision’s goals came from Mohammed Bakhti (2), Ghoul Amine and Aissa Bakhti.

Division Five

Greenwood Park gained revenge from earlier in the season with an impressive 4-0 win over Bradmore Rovers Res. Greenwood played with a lot of confidence and fine move led to Matt West scoring his third goal in three games, tapping in from four yards from a Nick Fanshaw cross.

The second half saw Greenwood push on and they duly got their second after good work from Fanshaw led to Connor Smith scoring from close range. Greenwood’s defence held solid and Ben White at right back put in a Man of the Match performance. Greenwood soon scored a third when Nick Fanshaw got on the score sheet. However, the best goal was left to last when Matt Hedges ran onto a through ball and deftly chipped the ball over the oncoming keeper and tapped into the empty net to round off an impressive performance from Greenwood.

Athletico and George Redbourn battled out an evenly contested game with George edging home 2-1 with goals from Nick Ward and Aaron King. Casey Pearce was their Man of the Match. The George battled well and came out the deserved winners.

IFC Reserves and AFC Mymms fought out a close game. With both defences on top, IFC’s greater desire and extra quality were the telling factors. John Thompson opened the scoring with a belter from distance, before sealing the win late on with his second.

Tom Boylan’s second hat-trick of the season was not enough to save Bricket from a 5-3 defeat against Phoenix A, who scored through Sam Bozier (3), Sam McCord and Philip Digesaro.

League leaders Camp KBK suffered their first defeat in seven games when surprisingly going down 2-1 against Herts Athletic. Matt Farmer scored their lone goal.