Sensational St Albans secure emphatic victory over Staines to keep pressure on leaders
- Credit: Archant
St Albans maintained their excellent form with an emphatic and sensational 81-0 victory over Staines in Herts Middlesex Division One.
Seven days earlier they had handed leaders Finsbury Park only a third defeat of the season but they produced arguably an even better team performance this time round in the 13-try romp.
They opened the scoring after eight minutes when Alan Ongore finished off a powerful forward drive.
And that set the tone for the afternoon as Staines were unable to cope with the commitment and support play that Saints produced.
Fraser Morris, playing in an unaccustomed position on the wing, was a revelation scoring four of his sides’ tries, the best of which was a solo run from deep inside his own half, while Sid Noad, Adam Jasinski, Ross Taylor, Sam Howell, Harry Atherton and Andy Sinton all got their names on the scoresheet.
You may also want to watch:
George Elliott chipped in with eight conversions.
- 1 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 2 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 3 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 4 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 5 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 6 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 7 Oaklands College principal leaving after 10 years
- 8 Charity for older people has busiest year ever during pandemic
- 9 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 10 Number of COVID patients in Herts hospitals falls slightly