Sensational St Albans secure emphatic victory over Staines to keep pressure on leaders
- Credit: Archant
St Albans maintained their excellent form with an emphatic and sensational 81-0 victory over Staines in Herts Middlesex Division One.
Seven days earlier they had handed leaders Finsbury Park only a third defeat of the season but they produced arguably an even better team performance this time round in the 13-try romp.
They opened the scoring after eight minutes when Alan Ongore finished off a powerful forward drive.
And that set the tone for the afternoon as Staines were unable to cope with the commitment and support play that Saints produced.
Fraser Morris, playing in an unaccustomed position on the wing, was a revelation scoring four of his sides’ tries, the best of which was a solo run from deep inside his own half, while Sid Noad, Adam Jasinski, Ross Taylor, Sam Howell, Harry Atherton and Andy Sinton all got their names on the scoresheet.
You may also want to watch:
George Elliott chipped in with eight conversions.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 4 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 7 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 8 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 9 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre