Sensational St Albans secure emphatic victory over Staines to keep pressure on leaders
- Credit: Archant
St Albans maintained their excellent form with an emphatic and sensational 81-0 victory over Staines in Herts Middlesex Division One.
Seven days earlier they had handed leaders Finsbury Park only a third defeat of the season but they produced arguably an even better team performance this time round in the 13-try romp.
They opened the scoring after eight minutes when Alan Ongore finished off a powerful forward drive.
And that set the tone for the afternoon as Staines were unable to cope with the commitment and support play that Saints produced.
Fraser Morris, playing in an unaccustomed position on the wing, was a revelation scoring four of his sides’ tries, the best of which was a solo run from deep inside his own half, while Sid Noad, Adam Jasinski, Ross Taylor, Sam Howell, Harry Atherton and Andy Sinton all got their names on the scoresheet.
You may also want to watch:
George Elliott chipped in with eight conversions.
- 1 Hundreds of trees felled on Green Belt site 'to make way for travellers camp'
- 2 Injunction served on Redbourn site to prevent any development
- 3 PTA gifts a bear to more than 300 pupils to commemorate return to school
- 4 'Out of touch' government demands more houses in St Albans
- 5 Man assaulted in 'unprovoked attack in broad daylight' in St Albans
- 6 The latest court results from the St Albans area
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Hertfordshire village of Knebworth
- 8 What's happening with district's vaccine supplies? St Albans MP is seeking answers
- 9 Which areas of St Albans district have seen the most people vaccinated?
- 10 COVID-19 cases continue to fall in St Albans