Sendker and Murrel-Williamson wing in ahead of bumper pre-season for St Albans City
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City have bolstered their side with a further two summer signings – winger Rhys Murrell-Williamson and goalkeeper Dean Snedker.
Murrel-Williamson, a former Fulham, Crystal Palace and Celtic man, joins the Saints after his departure from Ryman Premier Division side Dulwich Hamlet.
The 23-year-old has also had spells with Sutton United, Harrow Borough and Aylesbury United before joining Boreham Wood on loan last season.
Snedker is a former England U19 Goalkeeper and arrives at Clarence Park from Cambridge City.
The 22-year-old was born in Northampton and made three appearances in three-and-a-half years with the Cobblers.
You may also want to watch:
He had loan spells at Carshalton and Brackley before joining Kidderminster Harriers in 2015 where he played 29 times.
Following a short spell at Nuneaton Town, he linked up with Kettering Town before finally signing for Cambridge City mid-way through the last campaign.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 4 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 5 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 6 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 7 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 8 Sir David Amess: St Albans MP reflects on personal safety
- 9 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 10 Columban Cycling Club take on 'The Italian Job' for Home-Start Herts
Assistant Manager Lee Allinson said: “We’re delighted to get Dean’s signature as other clubs were vying for it.
“I have come across Dean a few times and he is a very good goalkeeper speaking to other manager’s in the league below everyone said he was one of the best in the division.”
City fans will get their first glimpse of the new signings with a number of pre-season friendlies at Clarence Park.
And the club have launched a ‘pre-season season ticket’ for all six of the games, a saving of 33 per cent. It will cost adults £40, concessions £28 and juniors £12.
This ticket can be purchased at the club office or at www.stalbanscityfc.com/product/pre-season-friendly-season-ticket-20172018/The deadline is June 30 at 5pm.