Sendker and Murrel-Williamson wing in ahead of bumper pre-season for St Albans City
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City have bolstered their side with a further two summer signings – winger Rhys Murrell-Williamson and goalkeeper Dean Snedker.
Murrel-Williamson, a former Fulham, Crystal Palace and Celtic man, joins the Saints after his departure from Ryman Premier Division side Dulwich Hamlet.
The 23-year-old has also had spells with Sutton United, Harrow Borough and Aylesbury United before joining Boreham Wood on loan last season.
Snedker is a former England U19 Goalkeeper and arrives at Clarence Park from Cambridge City.
The 22-year-old was born in Northampton and made three appearances in three-and-a-half years with the Cobblers.
You may also want to watch:
He had loan spells at Carshalton and Brackley before joining Kidderminster Harriers in 2015 where he played 29 times.
Following a short spell at Nuneaton Town, he linked up with Kettering Town before finally signing for Cambridge City mid-way through the last campaign.
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 3 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 6 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 9 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 10 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
Assistant Manager Lee Allinson said: “We’re delighted to get Dean’s signature as other clubs were vying for it.
“I have come across Dean a few times and he is a very good goalkeeper speaking to other manager’s in the league below everyone said he was one of the best in the division.”
City fans will get their first glimpse of the new signings with a number of pre-season friendlies at Clarence Park.
And the club have launched a ‘pre-season season ticket’ for all six of the games, a saving of 33 per cent. It will cost adults £40, concessions £28 and juniors £12.
This ticket can be purchased at the club office or at www.stalbanscityfc.com/product/pre-season-friendly-season-ticket-20172018/The deadline is June 30 at 5pm.