Sendker and Murrel-Williamson wing in ahead of bumper pre-season for St Albans City
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City have bolstered their side with a further two summer signings – winger Rhys Murrell-Williamson and goalkeeper Dean Snedker.
Murrel-Williamson, a former Fulham, Crystal Palace and Celtic man, joins the Saints after his departure from Ryman Premier Division side Dulwich Hamlet.
The 23-year-old has also had spells with Sutton United, Harrow Borough and Aylesbury United before joining Boreham Wood on loan last season.
Snedker is a former England U19 Goalkeeper and arrives at Clarence Park from Cambridge City.
The 22-year-old was born in Northampton and made three appearances in three-and-a-half years with the Cobblers.
He had loan spells at Carshalton and Brackley before joining Kidderminster Harriers in 2015 where he played 29 times.
Following a short spell at Nuneaton Town, he linked up with Kettering Town before finally signing for Cambridge City mid-way through the last campaign.
- 1 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Elderly woman chased knife-wielding stranger from her bedroom
- 3 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 4 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 5 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 6 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 9 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 10 St Albans Pub Pride: Why we need to tackle monkeypox prejudice
Assistant Manager Lee Allinson said: “We’re delighted to get Dean’s signature as other clubs were vying for it.
“I have come across Dean a few times and he is a very good goalkeeper speaking to other manager’s in the league below everyone said he was one of the best in the division.”
City fans will get their first glimpse of the new signings with a number of pre-season friendlies at Clarence Park.
And the club have launched a ‘pre-season season ticket’ for all six of the games, a saving of 33 per cent. It will cost adults £40, concessions £28 and juniors £12.
This ticket can be purchased at the club office or at www.stalbanscityfc.com/product/pre-season-friendly-season-ticket-20172018/The deadline is June 30 at 5pm.