Division Seven Hoddesdon III 240-5 (47) London Colney II 185-4 (46) London Colney II broke their run of five defeats with a draw away to Hoddesdon III, but would have to admit it was match they had not the remotest chance of winning. In a game reduced
Hoddesdon III 240-5 (47)
London Colney II 185-4 (46)
London Colney II broke their run of five defeats with a draw away to Hoddesdon III, but would have to admit it was match they had not the remotest chance of winning.
You may also want to watch:
In a game reduced by rain to 86 overs, the home side, boosted by an out-of-form Second XI player dropping down to the lower side and hitting a century, posted a massive 240-5 in 44 overs. In reply, Colney reached 189-4, with Trevor Ray scoring a patient 59 and thirties from John Duffin and Paul Seymour in support.
With only four wickets falling, there were the inevitable grumbles about Colney not really going for it but with Hoddesdon below them in the table and a target that was pretty unrealistic in the first place, the demands of a competitive league were surely first and foremost not to let Hoddesdon have the points, a target which Colney achieved.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 4 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans