WBBL: Win number two for Oaklands Wolves arrives at Durham Palatinates just like buses
- Credit: Archant
Oaklands Wolves did their best impression of bus operators as after waiting all season for one WBBL win, number two followed straight behind
A long trip to the north east beckoned but the journey was worth it as the Oaklands College-based side won 82-74 against Durham Palatinates in Stockton.
The success was enough to move them off the foot of the table and towards their goal of a play-off place.
Stars of the show were Roya Rustamzada and Tia Freeman who combined for a massive 40 points, with Rustamzada also adding nine rebounds and four assists.
Skipper Lizzy Harrison also chipped in with 19.
You may also want to watch:
The turning point came in the second quarter. Durham had earned a 26-20 at the first intermission but a 10-2 run from the Wolves in the opening three minutes not only wiped out that advantage but proved crucial in swinging the momentum the way of the St Albans side.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 6 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 9 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 10 Harpenden great-grandad celebrates 100th birthday