Second place for fencer Luca Valetti
- Credit: Archant
St Albans fencer Luca Valetti was rewarded for his long trip to Wrexham with a silver medal in the latest round of the Leon Paul junior foil series.
In a long day’s fencing, Valetti was ranked third going to into the direct elimination phase of the competition having suffered only two narrow defeats on the way.
He fought his way through successive knock-out bouts to reach the final. The final bout was hotly contested with the score close all the way through but eventually Valetti was defeated by nine points to 10.
This is Valetti’s best result in the season long series and is a testament to the increased amount of training that he has been undertaking in recent months.
Valetti said “I have been training 3 to 4 times a week since the summer and it is great to get a result like this in an event that had competitors from across the country”.
You may also want to watch:
For more details on how start fencing at Three Rivers Young Blades go to: WWW.TRYB.ORG.UK
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 4 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 7 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 8 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 9 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?