Second place for fencer Luca Valetti
- Credit: Archant
St Albans fencer Luca Valetti was rewarded for his long trip to Wrexham with a silver medal in the latest round of the Leon Paul junior foil series.
In a long day’s fencing, Valetti was ranked third going to into the direct elimination phase of the competition having suffered only two narrow defeats on the way.
He fought his way through successive knock-out bouts to reach the final. The final bout was hotly contested with the score close all the way through but eventually Valetti was defeated by nine points to 10.
This is Valetti’s best result in the season long series and is a testament to the increased amount of training that he has been undertaking in recent months.
Valetti said “I have been training 3 to 4 times a week since the summer and it is great to get a result like this in an event that had competitors from across the country”.
You may also want to watch:
For more details on how start fencing at Three Rivers Young Blades go to: WWW.TRYB.ORG.UK
- 1 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 8 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 9 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire