Second Futures Tour win for Redbourn’s Maddie
- Credit: Archant
Maddie Rolph won her second prize in the Herts Futures Tour, this time at Stevenage Golf and Conference Centre.
The 10-year-old Redbourn Golf Club member was Division 1 Nett winner with an impressive score of 20, cutting her handicap but seven shots.
Maddie joined the 2014 season’s Twos Club along with 11-year-old fellow Redbourn junior Max Bennett, 10-year-old Sebastian Sundera of Verulam Golf Club and nine-year-old Harpenden junior, Ross Lea, who was the Division 2 Gross winner the previous month at Aldwickbury Park Golf Club.
There were birdies on the third hole for Maddie, Max and Ross and on the fifth for Sebastian.
The Herts Futures Tour took over the par-three course on June 22, with 90 youngsters enjoying a day of beautiful sunshine and impressive golf.
You may also want to watch:
The fact that 55 of the junior golfers played under their handicap on the day, is testament to the success of this Lexus Hatfield sponsored development tour, which provides competitive playing experiences for the county’s U12 golfers.
The next Futures Tour event takes place on Friday, July 25 at Chesfield Downs Golf Club. Application forms to join the tour are available from www.hertfordshirejuniorgolf.info.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 5 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 9 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor