Second Futures Tour win for Redbourn’s Maddie
- Credit: Archant
Maddie Rolph won her second prize in the Herts Futures Tour, this time at Stevenage Golf and Conference Centre.
The 10-year-old Redbourn Golf Club member was Division 1 Nett winner with an impressive score of 20, cutting her handicap but seven shots.
Maddie joined the 2014 season’s Twos Club along with 11-year-old fellow Redbourn junior Max Bennett, 10-year-old Sebastian Sundera of Verulam Golf Club and nine-year-old Harpenden junior, Ross Lea, who was the Division 2 Gross winner the previous month at Aldwickbury Park Golf Club.
There were birdies on the third hole for Maddie, Max and Ross and on the fifth for Sebastian.
The Herts Futures Tour took over the par-three course on June 22, with 90 youngsters enjoying a day of beautiful sunshine and impressive golf.
You may also want to watch:
The fact that 55 of the junior golfers played under their handicap on the day, is testament to the success of this Lexus Hatfield sponsored development tour, which provides competitive playing experiences for the county’s U12 golfers.
The next Futures Tour event takes place on Friday, July 25 at Chesfield Downs Golf Club. Application forms to join the tour are available from www.hertfordshirejuniorgolf.info.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development