Searle right on target for Herts
LINDA Searle was in record breaking form as Hertfordshire drew with Gwent in a dramatic final Inter-County fixture of the 2007–2008 season. The impressive Searle won all nine games and at the same time won all nine Match Awards for the highest averages
LINDA Searle was in record breaking form as Hertfordshire drew with Gwent in a dramatic final Inter-County fixture of the 2007-2008 season.
The impressive Searle won all nine games and at the same time won all nine Match Awards for the highest averages, a wonderful achievement not matched before in the Herts team.
On Saturday with Gwent Ladies B team taking an early 3-0 lead Hertfordshire fought back to level and draw the match with Jo Kitchen, of St Albans, winning her game 3-0.
The Men's B team were defeated 7-5 by Gwent and so it was left to the Hertfordshire Ladies on Sunday to ensure they did not fall further behind. The strong Gwent side contained a number of Welsh internationals but the Herts Ladies played supremely well to win 4-2 and level the match. Linda Searle, of St Albans, won 3-2 with a 23.14 average to take the Match award.
Also on Sunday, the Men's A squad had to battle hard against tough international class opposition and with Dave Meader, from London Colney, contributing with a 3-2 win Herts picked up a 6-6 draw, making the final score 18-18.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 3 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 4 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 History in the making as Colney Heath Ladies reach county cup final for first time