Searle right on target for Herts
LINDA Searle was in record breaking form as Hertfordshire drew with Gwent in a dramatic final Inter-County fixture of the 2007–2008 season. The impressive Searle won all nine games and at the same time won all nine Match Awards for the highest averages
LINDA Searle was in record breaking form as Hertfordshire drew with Gwent in a dramatic final Inter-County fixture of the 2007-2008 season.
The impressive Searle won all nine games and at the same time won all nine Match Awards for the highest averages, a wonderful achievement not matched before in the Herts team.
On Saturday with Gwent Ladies B team taking an early 3-0 lead Hertfordshire fought back to level and draw the match with Jo Kitchen, of St Albans, winning her game 3-0.
The Men's B team were defeated 7-5 by Gwent and so it was left to the Hertfordshire Ladies on Sunday to ensure they did not fall further behind. The strong Gwent side contained a number of Welsh internationals but the Herts Ladies played supremely well to win 4-2 and level the match. Linda Searle, of St Albans, won 3-2 with a 23.14 average to take the Match award.
You may also want to watch:
Also on Sunday, the Men's A squad had to battle hard against tough international class opposition and with Dave Meader, from London Colney, contributing with a 3-2 win Herts picked up a 6-6 draw, making the final score 18-18.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Shortages crisis hits district