Searle right on target for Herts
LINDA Searle was in record breaking form as Hertfordshire drew with Gwent in a dramatic final Inter-County fixture of the 2007–2008 season. The impressive Searle won all nine games and at the same time won all nine Match Awards for the highest averages
LINDA Searle was in record breaking form as Hertfordshire drew with Gwent in a dramatic final Inter-County fixture of the 2007-2008 season.
The impressive Searle won all nine games and at the same time won all nine Match Awards for the highest averages, a wonderful achievement not matched before in the Herts team.
On Saturday with Gwent Ladies B team taking an early 3-0 lead Hertfordshire fought back to level and draw the match with Jo Kitchen, of St Albans, winning her game 3-0.
The Men's B team were defeated 7-5 by Gwent and so it was left to the Hertfordshire Ladies on Sunday to ensure they did not fall further behind. The strong Gwent side contained a number of Welsh internationals but the Herts Ladies played supremely well to win 4-2 and level the match. Linda Searle, of St Albans, won 3-2 with a 23.14 average to take the Match award.
You may also want to watch:
Also on Sunday, the Men's A squad had to battle hard against tough international class opposition and with Dave Meader, from London Colney, contributing with a 3-2 win Herts picked up a 6-6 draw, making the final score 18-18.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 Sustainable St Albans hosting Open Food Gardens event across district