Seagulls are the latest visitors to Clarence Park
St Albans City v Weston-super-Mare Blue Square South – Saturday, April 4, 2009 Clarence Park (Kick off 3pm) CITY welcome Andy Gurney s Weston-super-Mare side to Clarence Park on Saturday and they will be gunning for revenge. City were unlucky not to win
St Albans City v Weston-super-Mare
Blue Square South - Saturday, April 4, 2009
Clarence Park (Kick off 3pm)
CITY welcome Andy Gurney's Weston-super-Mare side to Clarence Park on Saturday and they will be gunning for revenge.
You may also want to watch:
City were unlucky not to win in the reverse fixture when they were suffering their worst run of the season, but Castle's men have come a long way since they last took on the Seagulls.
The Weston squad has been ravaged by injury recently and boss Gurney has moved quickly to sign former Bristol Rovers player Matt Groves after he was released by the Pirates. Also joining the Seagulls is centre half Tom Evans on a month's loan from Swindon Town.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
Gurney himself has just signed a new two year deal at the Woodspring Stadium after transforming the club's fortunes since he took over in December.
Last Meeting - Manny Williams' 56th minute strike denied City a vital three points when the two sides clashed at the Woodspring Stadium in February. Adam Everitt scored his first goal for the club to give City the lead and they dominated the game, but Williams struck as City's winless streak continued.
Form - Weston have won twice, drawn once and lost three times in their last six outings.
Manny Williams scored as the Seagulls drew with league leaders AFC Wimbledon before losing 1-0 to Eastleigh. 2-1 wins against Team Bath and Bromley helped ease Weston's relegation fears but they've suffered two defeats in their last two outings against Havant and Hayes & Yeading.
Players to Watch - Scott Partridge joined the Seagulls in January from Sheffield FC and is a vastly experienced striker at this level having scored 68 goals in 138 games for Bath City. The experienced front man has yet to score for the Seagulls and he'll be keen to put that right on Saturday.
Left back Tomasso Parinello was awarded the club's Player of the Month award for February after a string of impressive displays and will need to be watched carefully. Renowned for his bursts from left back, his crosses will be the main ammunition for the strikers. The 19-year old has just signed an 18-month contract with Weston after he was released by League One side Bristol Rovers.